DM500 NA EPG

Enigma1

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 10 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 JediMaster420

• 41 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 16 november 2010 - 19:38

This is a big project and I need lots of help, so I'm posting this whatever I can because my previous posts have gone unanswered. The DM500 doesn't have enough memory to load the EPG for on screen access. However, it should have all the tools it needs to rip the epg from the stream on to Network Attached Storage (NAS) and format it to something a little more universal. What I need help with is putting it together.

Step 1: Ripping the EPG
- North America uses a 2 day and 9 day epg. I don't care which one I can get to work.
- The MV plugin seems to read better than the box's regular epg but doesn't always work.
- I'll use DVBSnoop if I have to to rip raw data.
In any case, the EPG needs to be complete (2 or 9 days) and saved on NAS. Also, any help you can offer in triggering any of this in the command line would be of great assistance.

Step 2: Processing the data
- The Rytec XML plugin imports XML but I don't think i exports it. Let me know if it can.
- The web IF has some way to make HTML out of he epg, but I can't get it to load any data. My efforts are going to start in trying to figure out how this works while I wait for other responses.
- The SQL EPG may be an option. But I haven't had much luck opening it with anything.
- The dreambox doesn't have to be the machine that does this step. But it appears to have the most embeded tools to do it.
In any case, it has to be read by the source in step one. I don't care what format it comes out as long as it can be read by office type or other commonly available software (text, spreadsheet, web browser, w/e)

Please help me. I've been working on this a while now and I'm not getting anywhere.

Re: DM500 NA EPG #2 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1082 berichten

+22
Neutral

Geplaatst op 16 november 2010 - 21:31

Can you provide us the epg website where this 2 or 9 day epg data is available?

regards,
Ryan
~~Rytec Team~~ VU Ultimo / VU Uno / VU Solo / Panasonic TH42-PV700 *Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: DM500 NA EPG #3 JediMaster420

• 41 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 16 november 2010 - 22:27

The 2 or 9 day guide is in the stream. I'm trying to save the full data from enigma to XML.

Re: DM500 NA EPG #4 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1082 berichten

+22
Neutral

Geplaatst op 17 november 2010 - 09:11

So you tell me that no websites are available with epg programming for the channels in North America?
~~Rytec Team~~ VU Ultimo / VU Uno / VU Solo / Panasonic TH42-PV700 *Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: DM500 NA EPG #5 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16974 berichten

+635
Excellent

Geplaatst op 17 november 2010 - 09:46

The 2 or 9 day guide is in the stream. I'm trying to save the full data from enigma to XML.

The epg from an enigma1 box can be ripped by TVxb (www.tvxb.com). It requires a bit of work.

If attached the TVxb.ini file I produced at one time to rip the ZDF (german channels) as an example.

The bit to change is this line:
url=http://192.168.1.19/getcurrentepg?type=extended&ref=1:0:1:6d66:437:1:c00000:0:0:0:

http://yourboxip/

=1:0:1:6d66:437:1:c00000:0:0:0:is the service reference of the channel in question. This can be found on the webif of the box.

Willy

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

• Bijlage  tvxb.ini   6,98K   0 Aantal bijlagen

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: DM500 NA EPG #6 JediMaster420

• 41 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 17 november 2010 - 18:36

www.tvguide.com and tvlistings.zap2it.com have listings, but it's missing chanels. None of my boxes are connected to the internet. Only a local wireless network with no uplink. Some places I have boxes there isn't even phone/electricity hook ups. (they run on solar/wind off the grid) It seems like what you guys are suguesting all requires internet access. If this is the plan, perhaps I should change strategies. I could use a computer connected to the net to rip the epg data from some site then serve the ripped files over the network. I don't know if that is what you have in mind, but I'm willing to try it. I'd really like to have the dreambox rip it from the stream and process it to cut down traffic on the network. It seems like the drembox has the tools to do that, I just don't know how to put them together. But whatever we can come up with will be a great improvment over what I have now.

Re: DM500 NA EPG #7 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1082 berichten

+22
Neutral

Geplaatst op 17 november 2010 - 19:59

Well, even if you have your computer connected to the internet you could change all things so the dreamboxes only connect to this computer but they have to be connected to your local network, if this is not possible then they can't update their epg data every time.

So what you should do is download with your computer once a day the epg data files and then change the config files in the dreamboxes so they look at this computer for updates.

Re: DM500 NA EPG #8 JediMaster420

• 41 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 18 november 2010 - 17:18

ok, so how do I rip data from those sites?

Re: DM500 NA EPG #9 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1082 berichten

+22
Neutral

Geplaatst op 18 november 2010 - 17:56

Try using MC2XML

Re: DM500 NA EPG #10 JediMaster420

• 41 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 20 november 2010 - 18:39

I'm having lots of trouble making this work. The XMLTV package won't make HTML or Latex out of it. It also dosen't load in to tv_check. I've attached a 24 hour sample in hopes someone can have better luck with it than I.

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Re: DM500 NA EPG #11 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16974 berichten

+635
Excellent

Geplaatst op 21 november 2010 - 09:35

This the standard output of mc2xml, and this reads without problems in enigma2 with the xmltv importer.

It imports also without problems with the db_epg importer on enigma1 (SQlite). However you have to doctor the batch file a bit to be able to read this. Point it to rigth file and correct location.

f.i. in e1_uk.sh

dataname=rytecxmltvuk
downloadname=$dataname.gz

these have to adapted to the correct filename

wget "http://www.xmltvepg..../$downloadname" -O $datadir/$downloadname

point to the correct location to get file

gunzip $datadir/$downloadname

probably no need to to unzip since your file is not zipped.

After you have done a first import, you have to link the data to a channel with the epgimport setup - via the channels button.
After this you have to do a second import.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Enigma1

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers