• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#1 Joakim

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2011 - 21:58

Hi guys,

This is my first post here.

I have search like a maniac but i can´t find a solution. i use PTS and it works ok as long as am on the same event, but when a new event starts the timeshift are restarted, meaning that i cant go back to the previous event.

This is really annoying, because let´s say that i timeshift a 1 hour program for 40 minutes then i will miss the last 20 minutes of that program because a new event is started and the timeshift are reseted.

Is there a way to have "real" PTS so i can timeshift for example 5 hours and watch all program during that timeperiod?

Greetings

/Joakim

Re: Permanent Timeshift #2 Alain_sat

• 637 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 May 2011 - 17:24

How does permanent timeshift work?
It records continously the channel you are looking at.
Once you zap he starts recording that channel otherwise it will not be available if you ask for it.
What you should do is start a recording of what you want to see, so you could go back afterwards.
Don't forget that there must be a tuner and instance available to make a recording.

ET9000 en XP1000 VU+ Duo met OpenPli, veruit de beste decoder die ik de laatste jaren gekocht heb.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #3 Joakim

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 May 2011 - 19:16

Thanks for your answer.

Yes i know, but if i alway have to start a record of the channel i want to watch then it´s no point to have a timeshift.

I just want it to timeshift all the time as long as i am on the same channel, the problem is that it only works as long i am on the same event, as soon as a new event starts the timeshift resets to zero and i cant rewind to the event before. And if i am watching a channel on timeshift and during that that time a new event starts then it also resets the ongoing timeshift and i will miss the event i was watching. /images/smiley/angry.gif

My old Vantage 8000s i could timeshift for 8 hours and watch all the programs during that time period without any problems.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #4 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 1 May 2011 - 23:44

I've noticed the same behavior on a clone dm800, only with PLi, other images work as expected with PTS. I never bothered to mention it as I can already hear the refrains of "We don't support clones" echoing across the forum... ;)

With PLi, the timeshifting ended after the current event, regardless of the options setting of "Permanent Timeshift Max Events"...

--
hemi

Re: Permanent Timeshift #5 krister67

• 92 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 May 2011 - 12:46

Same behaviour on Vu+Duo.
I uninstalled PTS and installed AutoTimeshift (found in Plugin-feed) instead, no problems so far...
Well, one thing maybe, if I use the mediaplayer and then exits the autorecording doesn´t restart automatically , just have to switch channels back and forth then autorec starts again.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #6 johnybegood

• 126 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 May 2011 - 13:05

Same behaviour on Vu+Duo.
I uninstalled PTS and installed AutoTimeshift (found in Plugin-feed) instead, no problems so far...
Well, one thing maybe, if I use the mediaplayer and then exits the autorecording doesn´t restart automatically , just have to switch channels back and forth then autorec starts again.

Exactly what I have done. No problems so far (only mediaplaywer stop=like you have described)

BR, Jbg

Re: Permanent Timeshift #7 Joakim

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 May 2011 - 22:08

Thank you guys i will give it a shot. /images/smiley/pfft.gif

Re: Permanent Timeshift #8 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2011 - 00:18

No solution yet for PTS on OpenPLI on ET9000? I see that the timeshift autorestart at the event change and then I loose final part of the recording I was watching. I like to use Permanent Time Shift because is always active and I don't need to actived it with pause button. I remember that using VIX there was no problem.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #9 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:14

Auto timeshift never worked well for me, 3/4s of the time it didn't start after a channel change, etc. I dug back to PTS 0.95 and it works for what I want, permanent timeshift. There's no support for adding timeshift to recordings, etc., but it does just what it says for me, timeshift. You might try it, remove any other timeshift apps (PTS ATS) installed before installing.

--
hemi

Attached Files

Re: Permanent Timeshift #10 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 22 June 2011 - 15:49

I will try to fix the bug in permanent timeshift plugin. Please verify that the issue is the following:

timeshift buffer is reinitialized when event changes, even though:
Permanent Timeshift Max Events is > 1 (defaults to 5)
Permanent Timesift Max Lenght hasn't been reached (defaults to 180 minutes)

Issue happens only on non dream multimedia boxes? (ET9000, VU Duo etc)

Re: Permanent Timeshift #11 hemispherical1

• 1,596 posts

+49
Good

Posted 23 June 2011 - 15:46

I'm not sure about the other models, but dm800 clone w/ default or larger Permanent Timeshift Max settings, IIRC...

If not actively timeshifting, I could shift back to the beginning of the current program. If actively timeshifting while current program ends, I could watch until the scheduled end (according to EPG), but once reaching the end of the shift, I could go nowhere but change the channel.

I hesitated to post, as it's a clone, which still uses /dev/misc/pvr rather than the current /dev/dvb/adapter/dvr* i.e. don't pull your hair out over that if it's part of the problem. ;) Hopefully some of the original posters will chime in...

--
hemi

Re: Permanent Timeshift #12 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2011 - 19:26

I will try to fix the bug in permanent timeshift plugin. Please verify that the issue is the following:

Permanent Timeshift Max Events is > 1 (defaults to 5)
Permanent Timesift Max Lenght hasn't been reached (defaults to 180 minutes)

Issue happens only on non dream multimedia boxes? (ET9000, VU Duo etc)

@hemisperical1
Thank you for the advice and for the working version of PTS.

@malakudi

This is my experience with ET9000:

Permanent Timeshift Max Events is > 1 (defaults to 5) => Yes. The buffer is reinitialized setting the max events to 1 or 0 or 5.
Permanent Timesift Max Lenght hasn't been reached (defaults to 180 minutes) => Yes. I have checked with PTS bar on top on program having 1-2 minutes to finish. Then after a couple of minutes the counter on PTS bar restarted from zero.

I hope you can fix it. Is a very nice plugin!
Thank you

Re: Permanent Timeshift #13 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:07

I would like a confirmation from original dreambox owners (dm800, dm800se, dm500hd etc) that the plugin experiences the same behaviour in their boxes. I want to exclude possible "genuine" checks that affect the operation of the plugin. I think the issue is some incompatibility with the E2 event handling in OpenPLI, but first I want to be sure it's not a problem that only happens to non-genuine dreambox receivers.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #14 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:44

Unfortunately I cannot answer for the behaviour on original DB but I can confirm that PTS works properly on VIX image on ET9000. I don't know if it can help...

Re: Permanent Timeshift #15 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:55

Does VIX uses the latest PTS plugin version, as OpenPLI does?

Re: Permanent Timeshift #16 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2011 - 14:23

I cannot confirm now the exact version but it should be latest. I remember to use the PTS bar on top to see the recording progress.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #17 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2011 - 17:15

I cannot confirm now the exact version but it should be latest. I remember to use the PTS bar on top to see the recording progress.

I just checked: Version: 1.00 RC25

Re: Permanent Timeshift #18 macnuts

• 420 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:30

I would like a confirmation from original dreambox owners (dm800, dm800se, dm500hd etc) that the plugin experiences the same behaviour in their boxes. I want to exclude possible "genuine" checks that affect the operation of the plugin. I think the issue is some incompatibility with the E2 event handling in OpenPLI, but first I want to be sure it's not a problem that only happens to non-genuine dreambox receivers.

DM8000 genuine:
PTS is reinitializing itself on service change, even if the max. # of events / max recording time thresholds were not reached.
It works like that since I've stared to use it (each PTS release since RC20, Newnigma then, OpenPli now).

Re: Permanent Timeshift #19 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,962 posts

+334
Excellent

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:08

An alternative version of PermanentTimeshift.
At the stop button, stopping PermanentTimeshift the current channel.
Version for a year, can anyone be interested.

Re: Permanent Timeshift #20 MrKappa

• 81 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 9 July 2011 - 14:19

Hello', is there any chance to get last version working on OpenPli?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ET9000

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users