←  [EN] Third-Party Development

Forums

»

Ushare - problems, tips & tricks

's foto blzr 22 jun 2011

hi there :)
since I've noticed pretty strong demand here in PL for working upnp server on VUduo I took a look at ushare plugin (actually I don't use it/need it personally, just out of curiosity ;)) and here's problems I've found:
1. startup script:
in original script there are references to /lsb/init-functions (seems that lsb-base is not part of the openembedded framework...) so it didn't work...
simple workaround (hack?;))- I removed reference to lsb init-functions and replaced 'log_daemon_msg', 'log_end_msg' etc. with 'echo' - now script starts ushare successfully(modified script attached)
2. ushare GUI:
- only 'Directory' entry can be successfully changed from plugin menu, 'Compatibility' can only be changed manually (and in menu there are always default options displayed for both entries)
- saving changes with green button starts and stops server alternately (I dont know if it's intentional?);
3. starting server after box restart:
it does not start automatically after restart (and should I suppose?); think taht OpenPLi is simply too quick :P ;
my workround - I placed S90ushare in /etc/rc3.d/ with '/etc/init.d/ushare start' inside

maybe it'll be usefull for someone (and maybe someone could help to (better) solve described issues...)

rgds

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

• Bijlage  s90ushare   25bytes   0 Aantal bijlagen
  • Bijlage  ushare   1,79K   0 Aantal bijlagen
Citeren

's foto Taiger 10 aug 2011

Hello blzr,

I have a DM500HD that I'm trying to use the UShare plugin with and I found your tread about how you fixed the problem for VUduo box. Unfortunately I don't get it to work with my DM500HD, I get the message: "Some plugins are not available: UPnP/UShare (No module named UPnP.Ushare.plugin)" when I open the plugin menu. Do you have any idea if its possible to download the missing plugin from somewhere else and manually put it to the correct place? I did not find any reference in the config files for the UpnP.Ushare.plugin so most probably it is from the binary it is called?

Br
Taiger
Citeren

's foto doglover 16 sep 2011

@blzr: Thanks for pointing me to this thread.

Ushare loads now after a box restart.
However my main problem remains. I can not see anything on my laptop. A conection is established, but WMP (windows media player) say that there are no media files.

I have tried to set many different dirs to share, but no result.

Disd somebody has had any succes with this?

Willy
Citeren

's foto blzr 16 sep 2011

have you tried with different compatibility modes? (xbox360? ps3?)
//you have to change it manually in ushare.cfg, changing it from GUI does not work (at lest for me)...
Citeren

Yes,

I tried that

Willy
Citeren

But - how do you restart Ushare to load the new config?
Restarting enigma is a pain in the behind for trying just this (and annoying to my wife).

Willy
Citeren

's foto blzr 16 sep 2011

I don't use ushare at all ;)...
just made some testing some time ago, and posted results here...
regarding server restart - IIRC saving settings in gui (with green) starts and stops server alternately (and DO NOT affect compatibility setting that have been set manually in .cfg)
Citeren

With Kinsky (on my PC) now I can see the contents of the shared dirs on my VU+ via Ushare.

However playing a file is not possible.

With neroShowtime, I also got the contents on my screen. But selecting a file (for Playing) resulted in locking-up NeroShowtime.

I am making progress. However something seems not OK.

Willy
Citeren

's foto doglover 27 sep 2011

Update:

With a Sony PS3, I got the files on my VU+ shared. However the PS3 does not seem to play the .ts files. It reported unsupported file format.

The PS3 played the video streams.
Using the reference: http://192.168.1.19:...5:C00000:0:0:0:
played the stream.

However, everything is thanks to the completely closed interface of the PS3 not easy.
Therfore I will continu on this path.

Willy
Citeren

's foto HPPli 27 sep 2011

The PS3 played the video streams.
Using the reference: http://192.168.1.19:8001/1:0:1:31E5:45F:35:C00000:0:0:0:
played the stream.

Can you explain more or make a howto ??
Thanks in advance
Citeren

's foto Taiger 15 nov 2011

Hello All,

As I now have understood Ushare is only server part for DLNA no client?
What I would need is a DLNA client for the DreamBox 500HD is there such program already available somewhere?
Citeren