Photo

You are violating the license of my plugins!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
125 replies to this topic

#1 Dr.Best

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 12:28

Dear PLI Team

This is the official call to REMOVE EACH AND EVERY PACKAGE AND/OR IMAGE CONTAINING PLUGINS OF SCHWERKRAFT PROJECT (http://schwerkraft.elitedvb.net/) WITH DISABLED OR WORKED AROUND GENUINE CHECKS or any other changes that are violating the terms of License.

I really don't have any problem when people accidentally violate a license, that's something that can happen at any time.
But violating a license on purpose is something that is absolutely unacceptable, and it really pisses me off! You never asked me for the permission and you will never get the permission from me to do that.

Please, take a look at this link here: http://www.reichholf...ct-the-license/

So, undo all your changes of removing the tpm check, and remove my plugins from all none-dreambox-hardware feeds.

Dr.Best

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #2 reichi

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 12:32

singed - Reichi

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #3 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 6 August 2011 - 13:05

Will do, just give us a day or two to build the required conditionals and stuff into the build.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #4 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 15:32

In response to your Blog:

1- PLi only supports a very limited number of boxes, and certainly no DM-clones;
2- Don't forget that PLi has actively contributed to debugging and enhancing Enigma;
3- Don't forget that thanks to images like PLi the sales number of DM is much higher then when users had to rely on DM-software;
4- Thanks for showing us your subordination to DM........
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #5 reichi

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 15:49

1- PLi only supports a very limited number of boxes, and certainly no DM-clones;
2- Don't forget that PLi has actively contributed to debugging and enhancing Enigma;
3- Don't forget that thanks to images like PLi the sales number of DM is much higher then when users had to rely on DM-software;

1- That's only alf the truth, PLi provides everything clone-users need to build a tpm-free enigma2 including the plugins, though you may not actually provide images or feeds for clones, you have the whole toolset including the patches, it's like 99% ready to go (no matter if it's intended or not it IS exactly that)
2- True, nothing to argue against, a good thing about PLi, no question :)
3- Can you proof that? Would be hard to proof, don't you think?
4- The Problem is not DMM, DMM offered sharing the GUI Development to their contestants but the contestants decided to invest a shit into GUI Development and just benefit using other company work. And again. IT IS MY SOFTWARE and therefore MY DECISION which License i am putting on it. It's a question of moral and respecting the Authors wishes, nothing more, nothing less.

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #6 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 15:56

1- That's only alf the truth, PLi provides everything clone-users need to build a tpm-free enigma2 including the plugins, though you may not actually provide images or feeds for clones, you have the whole toolset including the patches, it's like 99% ready to go (no matter if it's intended or not it IS exactly that)
2- True, nothing to argue against, a good thing about PLi, no question :)
3- Can you proof that? Would be hard to proof, don't you think?
4- The Problem is not DMM, DMM offered sharing the GUI Development to their contestants but the contestants decided to invest a shit into GUI Development and just benefit using other company work. And again. IT IS MY SOFTWARE and therefore MY DECISION which License i am putting on it. It's a question of moral and respecting the Authors wishes, nothing more, nothing less.

ad 3-: Do you really pose this as a serious question? No doubt whatsoever that if all users would have to depend on the shitty DM-firmware sales would be far and far less..... And DM-prices as well.......
ad 4-: you're absolutely right there. But don't forget that there is a very big gap between being legally and morally right........ And it looks like you're indeed legally right here........
VU+ DUO/UNO/Digiality 85cm multifocus-4 X twin-Inverto-LNB's/Triax 88 USALS/Logitech Harmony 300, 555, 600, 900 en 1100

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #7 reichi

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 16:02

ad 3-: Do you really pose this as a serious question? No doubt whatsoever that if all users would have to depend on the shitty DM-firmware sales would be far and far less..... And DM-prices as well.......
ad 4-: you're absolutely right there. But don't forget that there is a very big gap between being legally and morally right........ And it looks like you're indeed legally right here........

ad 3-:There tons of other images and image-teams out there, claming to be the "only real one" is little too much, don't you think?
ad 3-: So it's morally correct to let dmm do all the investments on the gui, profit from it by selling own product and dont give back a shit? I am really sorry, but for me it's more about the moral than about being legally right. We obviously are of two completley different opinions...

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #8 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 16:10

ad 3-:There tons of other images and image-teams out there, claming to be the "only real one" is little too much, don't you think?
ad 3-: So it's morally correct to let dmm do all the investments on the gui, profit from it by selling own product and dont give back a shit? I am really sorry, but for me it's more about the moral than about being legally right. We obviously are of two completley different opinions...

ad 3-: I'm not claiming such a thing. I said 'images like PLi"...... Please read before reacting.
ad 4-: I thought you were talking about your software, but now it's again about Dream. So thanks for confirming my statement "Thanks for showing us your subordination to DM........".

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #9 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 16:26

Will do, just give us a day or two to build the required conditionals and stuff into the build.

Does this mean plugins or other options of OpenPLi2.1 disappear?
If so let me know, then i'll download the latest nfi image before the changes /images/smiley/grin.gif

Edit: As PieterG stated, let us respect eachother's opinion without throwing with mud. That 's the reason I removed the picture.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #10 Henksat

• 14,843 posts

+50
Good

Posted 6 August 2011 - 16:43

Does this mean plugins or other options of OpenPLi2.1 disappear?

Dr. Best don`t want use using his plugins, otherwise he will use ours: http://www.pli-image...2855#post_92855

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #11 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 6 August 2011 - 16:49

please no flame war here.
Of course we respect the wishes of plugin writers. As we like others to respect our wishes regarding the code that we write, it's the same thing.

We might have different opinions about which opensource license would be the most suited, but that's no reason to start a fight.

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #12 reichi

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 16:53

Thank you pieterg

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #13 Taykun345

• 1,296 posts

+41
Good

Posted 6 August 2011 - 17:15

which plugins are affected?

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #14 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 17:32

Difficultto find.
On Dream Multimedia forum, i found DR. Best. He has his own website where he is moderator.
But i cannot find any list with software that this person created.

I think this is the related software, from link in first posting: schwerkraft.elitedvb.net/softwaremap/full_list.php

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #15 VU+NL

• 6,424 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 17:33

Maybe it's worthwhile to read the license thoroughly, before reaction too soon:

e.g.:
If a program released under the GPL uses plug-ins, what are the requirements for the licenses of a plug-in?

It depends on how the program invokes its plug-ins. If the program uses fork and exec to invoke plug-ins, then the plug-ins are separate programs, so the license for the main program makes no requirements for them.If the program dynamically links plug-ins, and they make function calls to each other and share data structures, we believe they form a single program, which must be treated as an extension of both the main program and the plug-ins. This means the plug-ins must be released under the GPL or a GPL-compatible free software license, and that the terms of the GPL must be followed when those plug-ins are distributed.
If the program dynamically links plug-ins, but the communication between them is limited to invoking the ‘main’ function of the plug-in with some options and waiting for it to return, that is a borderline case.

and

If I use a piece of software that has been obtained under the GNU GPL, am I allowed to modify the original code into a new program, then distribute and sell that new program commercially?

You are allowed to sell copies of the modified program commercially, but only under the terms of the GNU GPL. Thus, for instance, you must make the source code available to the users of the program as described in the GPL, and they must be allowed to redistribute and modify it as described in the GPL.These requirements are the condition for including the GPL-covered code you received in a program of your own.

and much more interesting stuff.......

But again: this is only (part of) the legal side, not the moral one........

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #16 pieterg

• PLi® Core member
  • 32,766 posts

+245
Excellent

Posted 6 August 2011 - 17:38

you're quoting the gpl license (which is the license under which we release the sourcecode of our OpenPLi image)
But Dr.Best and reichi are refering to software they released under a different (i.e. Creative Commons) license.

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #17 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 6 August 2011 - 18:04

I think/see:
dreammediathek
webinterface
yttrailer and
mytube.

I think it's a pity that webinterface isn't any more available on the VU+, the other plugins I couldn't care less.

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #18 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 6 August 2011 - 18:21

FYI,

The first steps are already committed... http://openpli.git.s...bfd4c8847f02a85

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #19 stauffie

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 August 2011 - 18:22

@pedro dont think that happens /images/smiley/wink.gif

Re: You are violating the license of my plugins! #20 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 6 August 2011 - 18:29

I sure hope someone isn't downloading the package right now and repacking it so it can be used as an IPK which has to be installed by hand instead from the feed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users