Enigma2-XMLTV

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Bag58

• 437 posts

+23
Neutral

Posted 19 September 2011 - 21:18

I have run the EPG import twice this evening (once started by the timer, once manual) for six sources (Benelux, France, Germany et al., Italy, UK and UK BBCI). Both runs completed within a very short time ( ca. 2 minutes) ending with no events imported at all. The only results I see in the log are a lot of Unknown channel messages.

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #2 toxic

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 September 2011 - 21:56

I have the same problem, whats up??

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #3 annabelmer

• 30 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 September 2011 - 22:00

Same for me.

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #4 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:34

The only results I see in the log are a lot of Unknown channel messages.

This is the indication that the channels file download has gone wrong. I cannot be sure about the exact nature why this has gone wrong, but could have several reasons.

I will investigate.

Sometimes it helps to restart enigma2 and try again.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #5 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:42

Found the error:

<!-- <channel id="24">1:0:1:0fa5:0451:0035:00c00000:0:0:0:</channel> <!-- film 1 Premiere -->

Error in the channels file. Will be corrected asap.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #6 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:49

Sorry, my mistake. Posted Image

I have changed the new epg references and didn't want to remove the old ones directly so I wanted to comment them out but somehow my way was not good.

Updated now and uploaded to the several servers.

but what is the best way to comment lines out?

Ryan
~~Rytec Team~~ VU Ultimo / VU Uno / VU Solo / Panasonic TH42-PV700 *Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #7 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:12

<!--

something

-->

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #8 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:35

hmm, tried this but I see no differences, but I have removed the old refs and saved them into another file as backup.

This way the file will stay clean also.

Ryan
~~Rytec Team~~ VU Ultimo / VU Uno / VU Solo / Panasonic TH42-PV700 *Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #9 PaphosAL

• 251 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 20 September 2011 - 11:58

Ryan- I always find the best way to check an xml (and/or esml) file is 100% correct on syntax is to open it with IE7

If you see the entire file, then your edits are good. But if there's the smallest syntax error anywhere, then IE7 will stop dead in it's tracks, and report the nature of the error and at what line # it occurred.

This helps enormously with debugging a faulty xml file, particularly a large one!

Cheers- AL Posted Image

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #10 ajeeb

• 385 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 September 2011 - 13:18

yes ! it does not work ! tested yesterday (I grab JSC..+israel xmltv)

ET9000,DM500s+usbTTdvb-3600 ,DVB2000,Humax5400, MACbook PRO retina 13", MAC pro 2 x Quad XEON-2.8GB , 8GB ECC, 4TB+FusionDrive(SSD) , LG-24FHD, HD6870,Debian server

"Since the dawn of our species, Man has been blessed with curiosity"

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #11 toxic

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 September 2011 - 14:25

Hi, and still not working, i grab germany, UK ,UK BBCi, Croatia, Serbia, Montenegro, fix coming??

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #12 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:48

I will repeat it once more:

After a failed import, you have to restart enigma before you can attempt again. The reason for this is that the channels file is only downloaded once a day, or after an enigma restart. If you do not restart enigma the import will use the same, and wrong channels file, which it downloaded before. Consequence: again a failed import.
Or you can wait one day, when the downloader decides for itself that the channels file has to be downloaded again.

And yes, yesterday (and today) the import worked for me. (after I restarted enigma)

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #13 noname

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:29

Still didnt work!

I recognize yesterday evening that there is no epg from rytec. And i will say i am experienced with rytec epg because every three month there is
something wrong.
So what did i !
I delete the epg.tmp and data file. Then made my vu+ completely off the voltage and then i start the box from zero (complete restart)

What happened: importing 0 events !!!!!!

Same this morning !!!! 22-09-2011 07:13

regards

noname

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #14 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:44

Well,

This morning I got 162000 events imported.

Now if you are so experienced in XMLTV import, then you know how to obtain an epgimport.log and attache it here, so we can have a look at what is wrong. (When you report something is wrong, I check my own VU+ and if it is wrong there, then I do not need more info, as I can get i from my own box. It is not wrong there this morning so i need some more info).

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #15 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:29

Still didnt work!

And i will say i am experienced with rytec epg because every three month there is
something wrong.

I hope you understand that we are with only two persons here (Willy and myself) to make this epg as good as possible with all the ups and downs.

And it's because of the huge use of the epg plugin, and not only by Pli but also by Vix and other images and other kind of boxes that the data traffic has become so big, that we needed to find solutions.
If you would even have followed the whole process that this plugin has made I am sure you would understand the reasons.

Instead of only post some angry words like "does not work" do as Willy tells you and has told so many times before on this board, Attach the logfile if it goes wrong!

For example, on ProSieben I have epg untill 27/9 Today my box has imported at 5:52 161368 events and I use Benelux, Germany, France and UK sources.

Ryan

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #16 noname

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:18

@Willy and Ryan:
I just told that it doesnt work on my vu+. I didnt know that you are so sensitive ! Sorry for my unfriendly manner !!

This evening i will post an epgimport.log and so we can go on with looking whats going wrong.
But what makes me a little bit nervous (angry) is the fact that i didnt change anything and from one day to another
i doesnt work. I made nothing just looking. I had no crash. The only thing i made yesterday was that i made in the evening
a manuell import because my epg had some gaps in data where i want to define a timer.

regards

noname

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #17 Taykun345

• 1,296 posts

+41
Good

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:41

i have same problem too, sometimes. But i know that this service is free, so i take these errors into account.

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #18 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:22

@Willy and Ryan:
I just told that it doesnt work on my vu+. I didnt know that you are so sensitive ! Sorry for my unfriendly manner !!

This evening i will post an epgimport.log and so we can go on with looking whats going wrong.
But what makes me a little bit nervous (angry) is the fact that i didnt change anything and from one day to another
i doesnt work. I made nothing just looking. I had no crash. The only thing i made yesterday was that i made in the evening
a manuell import because my epg had some gaps in data where i want to define a timer.

regards

noname

Hey, no hard feelings my friend, I am not so sensitive, ask my wife Posted Image
It takes very long to get me nervous, I do not post very often and I wait a bit because sometimes a lot issues solves themselves, sounds weird but it does.

I hope we can help you further tonight.

You even didn't do some updates of pli last week? because there was also an issue after some software update that the import didn't work, should be solved now.

best regards,
Ryan

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #19 noname

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:41

You even didn't do some updates of pli last week? because there was also an issue after some software update that the import didn't work, should be solved now.

No, i didnt !
I only made the day before yesterday22.09.2011 at 06:00pm an manual update (yellow button).Everything fine, i got hte epg-information i was looking for
At 5:30am is my automatic epg-update and yesterday in the evening when i start watching i recognize that there is no data.
So i tried manual update again. It starts with Erotic-channels from rytec ( i think he got 4328 items) when he switched to german data it stops ant satys at count
4328. So i delete the files made reboot and start again ===> nothing 4328. Then i stopped analysing because i want to look tv.
This morning i took a look what my automatic import does ====> nothing importetd.
Then i reduced my channels for what it should import only to german-data.Delete files again (only epg.tmp was there and empty). Reboot.
Then new manual import with only these german channels ==> 0 items importetd.

Thats all!

I hope the epgimport.log will help.
I am right that i find it under /tmp ?

regards

noname

Re: EPG Import completes with 0 events #20 rytec

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 1,082 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:26

Then i reduced my channels for what it should import only to german-data.Delete files again (only epg.tmp was there and empty). Reboot.
Then new manual import with only these german channels ==> 0 items importetd.

Thats all!

I hope the epgimport.log will help.
I am right that i find it under /tmp ?

regards

noname

You have to save the log file from within the epgimport plugin and then it will save it in /tmp.

I read that you reduced the channels, does this mean you have a selfmade channels.xml file in /etc/epgimport or do you mean you have only selected the Germany source in the epg plugin?

Ryan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users