• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 1 November 2011 - 16:15

Hi,

tested successfully with latest et9x00 Image and Ralink Rt73 Chipset. SSID Broadcast was deactiviated in Access Point 802.11g.

Before this change, no associate to a "Closed/Hidden" WLAN-Network was possible. After the Patch is works properly like associating with a WLAN-Network Broadcasting it's SSID.

Looking forward to see the Patch commited as some floks wondering why WLAN is not working when SSID Broadcast is disabled. This Patch finally fixes this remaining issue.

And also a short Import error for the NetworkSetup Screen is also attached.

Btw: I also want to point out this Thread for further Quickfixes:

http://openpli.org/f...heck-ping-test/

Attached Files

Edited by daddelfalk, 1 November 2011 - 16:17.

Re: Fix Hidden WLAN Network associate #2 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 2 November 2011 - 11:24

Hi,

Guys any Feedfack is very appricated for those people who applyed the Patch to see if it also resolves your Hidden WLAN Network associate Problems.

My WLAN Security for the quick check was WPA1 (with AES Cipher) or WPA2 with forces usage of AES. So in WLAN Plugin configured as Setting "Use WPA or WPA2" for the first scenario and in last case "WPA2" only.

Re: Fix Hidden WLAN Network associate #3 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 4 November 2011 - 11:12

Hi,

for the Guys who have some spare time on Weekend.

Please let me know if Hidden WLAN Associate Problem are resolved with the Patch attached, so that these Patches can be commited.

Re: Fix Hidden WLAN Network associate #4 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 5 November 2011 - 12:47

Thanks for your patch.
I think there are not a lot of people using the combination et9x00 and rt73. Do you think your patch would influence the other wifi chipsets?
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: Fix Hidden WLAN Network associate #5 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 5 November 2011 - 18:55

Hi dAF2000,

due to my experiance i think it shouldn't have negative side effects on other Chipsets. As the Patch makes use of "Sending a Probe Request - to a Hidden WLAN SSID - Non-Broadcasted", so that the Hidden Access Point have to reply with a "Probe Response" according to the Well-Known IEEE 802.11 / 802.11 Specification.

And when using Access Points Broadcasting their SSID it also does not Change anything on the WLAN-802.11 "Association Phase". The only change applies to the Hidden WLAN-Network Association Issues.

Re: Fix Hidden WLAN Network associate #6 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,962 posts

+334
Excellent

Posted 5 November 2011 - 20:02

I have a D-Link DWA-140 chipset Ralink 3070 issue.
After a complete shutdown, it works through time.
This is confirmed by other users.
I do not know what the problem is, but it may be in the driver(rt2800usb.ko)?
May need a separate driver(rt3070sta.ko)?

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Fix Hidden WLAN Network associate #7 daddelfalk

• 489 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 6 November 2011 - 10:43

Hi Dima73,

no, for ET9x00 is make use of Kernel embedded WiFI-Drivers and rt2800 is the right one, also for your RT3070 Chipset. Keep in mind, that WLAN will never be reliable as wired Connections.

But your Wifi-Connection should always work. Also when you restart /Reconfigure WLAN trough Plugin and Re-Associate to your WLAN, it should not require a complete STB Reboot to made Wifi work....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users