←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

ET5000 doesn't boot again after restart

fotjon's Photo fotjon 11 Nov 2011

Today my box et5000 rebooted and now its stuck on boot screen : bootloader linux 2.6.1 UBIFS....
with red and green lights ON...

what do you advice me to do :(

I would like to recommend to flash the last bootloader and then the latest OpenPLi image.
That should do the trick.

tnx for your quick reply,

I have the bootloader posted on 30. September 2011 , is this the latest or should i reinstall it?
If not where can I get the latest one.

Thank you

Frenske's Photo Frenske 11 Nov 2011

Your message bootloader 2.6.1 is not the latest. I assume the flash of the bootloader wasn't successful.
Please flash it again and then the last image.

Your message bootloader 2.6.1 is not the latest. I assume the flash of the bootloader wasn't successful.
Please flash it again and then the last image.

pardon my fault, it was bootloader 2.6.31 ... is it ok?
btw I have a backup of my image made some days ago, should I try it first?

Flash this bootloader.
Unpack it on a stick and place it in the ET5000 as usual.

Attached Files

should I use et5000 as folder like it is or rename it to et5x00 (like when flashing the latest image)

and after this (hoping it would go ok) should I try flashing my backup image or a fresh one, what do you advice

The folder name is still ET5000.
I would recommend to flash the latest image without restoring a former backup.

Tried flashing the bootloader but no yellow light coming and pressing arrowup button nothing happened (tried on front and back port too).
Then put a backup of the image i made some days ago and it begin flashing, the box rebooted and looks OK (for how long though?)
btw I was using CT-Xtrend support image V 3.0.3 - which I regret i will move to openPLi as soon as I find some more time.

To continue it, what I did today with the box was: installed the rss feed plugin and uninstalled it later on,
Configured a wlan with usb stick, got connected OK with router, removed the stick and inserted the lan cable back,

And the last, tried to connect an Infinity USB Smart reader with the box, installed "usbserial" driver pack, rebooted with no problem, uninstalled and installed them again;
During this time and till I saw it stucked on booting screen some time later, the Infinity Reader was let connected to the box, as the reader's green light was on.

What doy u guys think, might have happened?
Edited by fotjon, 11 November 2011 - 21:50.