They hanged the wrong man!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PaphosAL

• 251 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2011 - 16:51

As it is Christmas and pantomime season again, I will tell you all an hilarious story...

On the morning of Christmas Eve, I was browsing the PLi forum and spotted two strange posts, both by the same new member. One was all about Wedding Dresses, and the other about Ladie's Evening Dresses. Both posts contained numerous external advertising Links.

So I did the right and proper thing, and clicked the [Report] button on both posts, along with a "SPAM ALERT" message for the Mods.

The bottom line?

I was banned by username and ISP address!!

Thanks to the kind help of the Webmaster, I am now re-instated- 3 days later. But to whoever banned me, I wouldn't mind a half litre of what you were drinking and/or a puff on what you were smoking!!!

But it's good to be back. Though I might steer clear of that [Report] button in the future...

Cheers- AL ;)

Re: They hanged the wrong man! #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,311 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2011 - 16:58

For which we humbly apologize. :unsure:

We still have to get used to all the features of this new forum software, some of them not so intuitive as we would like. The wrong button is easily clicked.

Some extra instructions have been send to the moderators to clarify the way the reporting module works.

At least you've had a quiet Christmas. :)

Welcome back!

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: They hanged the wrong man! #3 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14,151 posts

+52
Good

Posted 27 December 2011 - 17:03

But to whoever banned me, I wouldn't mind a half litre of what you were drinking and/or a puff on what you were smoking!!!

I didn't do it, but I wouldn't mind drinking the same stuff with you :)
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: http://openpli.org/wiki

Re: They hanged the wrong man! #4 PaphosAL

• 251 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2011 - 17:22

Thanks WanWizard and dAF2000 - no hard feelings, honestly. I know that mistakes sometimes happen. I'm just glad I managed to find a way of worming myself back into the community...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all !!!

Cheers- AL :)

Re: They hanged the wrong man! #5 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,470 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2011 - 21:04

welcome back AL!

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: They hanged the wrong man! #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2011 - 21:22

Also welcome back.... and appologies... !!!!

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users