←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

DVR record filename ?

's foto shogo 2 jan 2007

Is the filename that are generated in a DVR recording possible to change, for example to start with date?
Citeren

's foto mirakels 2 jan 2007

shogo wrote:
Is the filename that are generated in a DVR recording possible to change, for example to start with date?

No unfortunately not. It has a fixed hardcoded format.
Citeren

's foto shogo 2 jan 2007

OK, thanks for the info!
Citeren

's foto mtjerneld 5 jan 2009

Hi!

I second this request. The current naming standard does not sort very well, it would be great if this could be set manually in a future release, or at least get the hard coded naming changed to start with the date.

//MT
Citeren

's foto dAF2000 5 jan 2009

Depends on what you want to sort. Sorting on program name (so your weekly recorded soap) is sorting too. Anyway, to make it manual is a good idea. I will make a feature request for it, which is not a guarantee we will make it of course ;)
Citeren

's foto doglover 13 aug 2009

In order to be compatible with E2 (shared drives) one could think of the format used in E2. This format starts with the date.

Willy
Citeren

's foto Torstein_78 23 feb 2011

Is it still impossible to make my own standard for naming the recorded programs?
Citeren

's foto dAF2000 23 feb 2011

It's still not in the image.
We have a low development on the E1 images, whereas all other teams already stopped for years. So, changes are low we will ever make this.
Citeren

's foto Torstein_78 23 feb 2011

I use OpenPLI 1.0-2010-09-06, on my Vu+ Duo. Does it exist any plugin/extension for that image which let me define my own file-naming system?
Citeren

's foto jayaeu 6 apr 2011

It's still not in the image.
We have a low development on the E1 images, whereas all other teams already stopped for years. So, changes are low we will ever make this.

That's a pity, because I've been longing for a feature like this for a long time. I have a 7025+ in my living room and a 600 in the bedroom, both storing recordings to my NAS. It's really a PITA having no workable way to make recordings from both boxes appear in a sensible order.

I think what everyone is looking for is changing the E1-naming of files over to the one used in E2.
Citeren