• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 9 February 2012 - 11:46

Hello OpenPLi community,

after two years of owning a origin DM800 HD, I`ve recently purchased a VU+ Uno.
I`m very impressed with this piece of hardware. OpenPLi nighties are still my favourite software and I`m planning to adapt my older cutomizations to the VU Uno standards.

One of the things I dont want to miss is the ability to change the layout of the front display. Now I would like to ask what are the main differences in skin_display syntax compared to the LCD screen on DM800 HD?
Will the VFD display of the VU Uno expect some kind of special fonts, allignments etc. ?

Apologize if this allready has been asked but i really struggled to search the forums for short keywords like for example: uno, vu+, vfd, lcd .....
Is there a way how to search for 3 letter words?

Re: VU+ Uno | VFD display skinning #2 Calico

• 75 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 February 2012 - 19:40

Well it would be great if you could make something beautiful with the screen.
It's true that it does its job (displaying Channel Name) but if you could do something different, I'm sure that some people wouldn't say no :)

Re: VU+ Uno | VFD display skinning #3 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:39

Hi, basically my previous post was a help request :)
Now I`m little bit better informed: I discovered that skin_text.xml is the file responsible for front dispaly layout.
Now it`s time to do some 'trial & error' - If I`m going to make up something nice I will share it here for sure. But don`t expect any 'Christmastree layouts', my aim is mainly to have a better readable clock in StandbySummary.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: uno, vfd, skinning, lcd

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users