Ismail Dmir for the the script and the source of updating satellites.xml
Shaderman coder of satellite loader
sifteam for settings loader
coder ofenigma2-plugin-systemplugins-satelliteeditor_20090331-alpha
sim2 for supporting the project

installation:
unrar attached file and copy to tmp
by telnet
opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-ts-sateditor_2.0_mipsel

or from TSpanel/addoms/Tunisiasat dreambox addons/plugins/Ts-sateditor_2.0

download

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by mfaraj57, 10 February 2012 - 07:31.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #2 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:28

Question: does this application edit the satellites.xml in etc/tuxboxor on etc/enigma2? Or is that a usersetting?

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #3 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:32

edit the satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #4 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:35

edit the satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox

That is a pity, as that is a system-file (in PLi & PLi-based images): any changes made to that file will be overwritten by an on-line system update. The satelites.xml in etc/enigma2 is the user-file: that's the one that should be edited.
So if this is not a user setting, this plugin is not compatible with PLi (and PLi-based images).

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #5 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:48

in fact i have not tested the plugin in openpli assuming that the plugin will work with openpli
i have tested with many images without problem
i will test with openpli soon and if the problem in the satellites.xml location the plugin can be edited simply by changing the path to user xml file

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #6 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 07:56

in fact i have not tested the plugin in openpli assuming that the plugin will work with openpli
i have tested with many images without problem
i will test with openpli soon and if the problem in the satellites.xml location the plugin can be edited simply by changing the path to user xml file

I have no doubt that the plugin itself will work with PLi. But as I said: apparently it will edit the wrong file.
And to complicate things: not all PLi-images will actually have a satellites.xml in etv/enigma2: it's a user-file and not all users will have one in place (and then the system uses the system file). But even then: if editting is desired, the user file will have to be created (i.e. the plugin should read the system file, edit it, and safe it as user file).

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #7 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:28

just finished testing the plugin in recent openpli,all features are working smoothly no crashes
i looked for etc/enigma2 no satellites.xml and the edited one by the plugin is etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml
i am trying to understand if system reads the etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml then what is the benefit of user satellite xml file
you said after online update the system satellite.xml is overwritten then how to revert back to your satellite.xml settings befor update

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #8 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:35

On startup the system looks in etc/enigma2 is a satellites.xml exists. If so: that's the one to be used (and that's a user-file: it will never be overwritten by the system(update)).
If it does not exist, the satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox will be used. That is a syste-file: during an online update it will be replaced by the new file supplied by PLi (who updates the file approx once a week).

The advantage is that
1- if a user never does anything with the satellites.xml, the file will be kept up-to-date by the image itself;
2- if a user wants to make his own changes, he can do so without being hampered by the system-files being updated.
3- if a user corrupts his file, it's easy to revert to an existing up-to-date file.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #9 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 08:58

yes i get the point now ,i made different user and system satellites.xml files and the system read the user satellites.xml
then i have to add line on exit of plugin to copy the system satellites.xml to user location of satellites.xml
also
the software manager settings backup usually take copy of user satellite.xml so restoring the settings after online update will not be effective
i do not know of this behavior of reading satellites.xml is peculiar to openpli or same for all images

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #10 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:13

the software manager settings backup usually take copy of user satellite.xml so restoring the settings after online update will not be effective

Yes it is: a settings backup normally implies the complete directory etc/enigma2. So after restoring the settings the user-file satellites.xml will also be re-installed.

i do not know of this behavior of reading satellites.xml is peculiar to openpli or same for all images

It is specific for PLi (and PLi-based images).

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #11 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:14

just tested in icvs image and the system reads the system satellites.xml file and the enigma2/satellites.xml no value,so reading user enigma2/satellite.xml on startup presents only in openpli

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #12 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:20

thanks alot for information ,then i should add line of code to copy the system satellites.xml to etc/enigma2
other harder way to let the plugin edit etc/enigma2/satellites.xml but by this i have to make two versions one for openpli and the second for other images and i do not prefer this

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #13 greatred

• 268 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:35

If I may suggest something. PLease consider implementing a 'Save As' option, where users could decid if the sattelites.xml should saved (in /etc/tuxbox/) or Save As (in /etc/enigma2)

Plugin looks very promising

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #14 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 14:40

thanks for suggesstion
the plugin in exit ask for saving the satellites.xml or not but sure i did not consider to save in etc/enigma2
i can put save as question but i believe most of the users do not know what is the difference between two options
the solution to save the changes also to user satellites.xml in etc/enigma2 ,however changes to etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml has no value and in next online update the satellites.xml will reset to default

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #15 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 15:27

It is now set ready on our feed as 3rd party.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #16 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 10 February 2012 - 17:18

thanks @littlesat
just to mention to take backup for etc/tuxbox/satellites.xml before online update if the file changed by the plugin and the user wants to keep the changes
in the next update of the plugin the editing will be in etc/enigma2/satellites.xml

Edited by mfaraj57, 10 February 2012 - 17:19.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #17 ss_star

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 January 2014 - 21:32

TS-satEditor 2.0.0 by mfaraj57fm92201249.jpg
complete management for satellites and transponders

features:
-adding,editing and removing satellites and transponders
-information and statistics of transponders and satellite
-updating satellites.xml from internet
-downloading settings from popular settings servers
-updating and adding satellites from lyngsat.com
-compatible with sd and hd skins
-plugin appears in channels scan menu and plugins menu
-simple interfaces and tables

credits:
The code of Ts-sateditor based on the works:
Ismail Dmir for the the script and the source of updating satellites.xml
Shaderman coder of satellite loader
sifteam for settings loader
coder ofenigma2-plugin-systemplugins-satelliteeditor_20090331-alpha
sim2 for supporting the project

installation:
unrar attached file and copy to tmp
by telnet
opkg install -force-overwrite /tmp/enigma2-plugin-extensions-ts-sateditor_2.0_mipsel

or from TSpanel/addoms/Tunisiasat dreambox addons/plugins/Ts-sateditor_2.0

download

fm922012430.jpg

fm922012445.jpg

fm922012410.jpg

Hi

this plugin is not work on oe 2.0

can releas for oe 2.0

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #18 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2014 - 07:05

Be aware that for all PLi (-based) images the user-file satellites.xml goes to etc/enigma2; the file in etc/tuxbox is a system-file and will be overwritten by an online image update.

However: (afaik) all not PLi (-based) images only have one satellites.xml and that is located in etc/tuxbox

So depending on your intended audience you should have the option to chose between the two.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:13

As far as I know, all Enigma2 images have the "operational" version of the file in the same place. This is also where tools like DreamboxEdit put them. This is the only file you should be concerned with.

OpenPLi provides a fallback to a second file which is part of the image, only in case no file is manually installed.

This is indeed to prevent your own file from being overwritten by a system update, but there should not be a choice between the two. You should not replace the file that is part of the image.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: TS-satEditor 2.0.0 enigma2 plugin #20 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 25 January 2014 - 09:20

No: 'all' images use etc/tuxbox for the operational file. Only in PLi (-based) images the operational one is in etc/enigma2 (and the 'fall back is in etc/tuxbox).

This is also the reason that the settings on the PLi-feeds don't provide any satellites.xml at all: the system 'relies' on the system file, that will be regularly updated (if one updates the image online).

So if the plugin provides no user option for the location, it will only be usable for either PLi (-based) images or for all other images.

Edited by SatKiekerd, 25 January 2014 - 09:21.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users