←  [EN] Third-Party Development

Forums

»

build error bitratecalc

scruff1963's Photo scruff1963 4 Mar 2012

Just tried to build a vuduo image and got this error (log attached)
It's the same if I try a dm800se build as well, was wondering if there have been any changed made recently ?

Attached Files

• Attached File  vu.txt   119.03KB   12 downloads

scruff1963's Photo scruff1963 5 Mar 2012

Am I the only 1 getting this problem ?

rossi2000's Photo rossi2000 6 Mar 2012

i am recieving this error too
on both vu and dreambox builds

ive not tried to clean the recipe and rebuild yet, have you tried this?

MiLo's Photo MiLo 6 Mar 2012

May be related to my restructuring of the E2 build, maybe the headers aren't all properly installed. Probably I missed some path suffixes or "nobase_" prefixes for them. I didn't quite realize those headers were being installed in the staging area too.

Anyway, I'll look into it.

rossi2000's Photo rossi2000 6 Mar 2012

thanks milo

bacicciosat's Photo bacicciosat 6 Mar 2012

May be related to my restructuring of the E2 build, maybe the headers aren't all properly installed. Probably I missed some path suffixes or "nobase_" prefixes for them. I didn't quite realize those headers were being installed in the staging area too.

Anyway, I'll look into it.

Yes i think so.
The issue affect not only birateviewer but others plugins too like vlc merlinplayer and partnerbox.
The cause seems to be missed headers of enigma2 in staging area.
Lokking for example at sysroots/mipsel-oe-linux/usr/include/enigma2/lib you will see that the "base" folder with all the header files is missed.

Confirmed. Adding the "base" folder all the plugins are successfully compiled.

Save me some time, what did you change exactly? (i suspect you added "/base" to the install path of the headers target in Makefile.inc)

andyblac's Photo andyblac 6 Mar 2012

milo this is the build error i told you about and i showed you my commit to fix it
Edited by andyblac, 6 March 2012 - 16:36.

Save me some time, what did you change exactly? (i suspect you added "/base" to the install path of the headers target in Makefile.inc)

Milo i think it is only a typo in the enigma2/lib/base/Makefile.inc

you have substitute
baseincludedir = $(pkgincludedir)/lib

with
baseincludedir = $(pkgincludedir)/lib/base

Otherwise the header files of base folder are installed in sysroots/mipsel-oe-linux/usr/include/enigma2/lib instead of sysroots/mipsel-oe-linux/usr/include/enigma2/lib/base

Of course to replicate the error you need to setup a new build env or simply manually delete the folder build-xxxx/tmp/sysroots/mipsel-oe-linux/usr/include/enigma2
This because the clean of enigma2 package don't clean the staging area too.
So, delete the folder, clean enigma2 and aenigma2-plugins packages and rebuild and you will have the compilation fail because the base file headers are in the wrong folder.
The fix to /lib/base/Makefile.inc above solve all the issue.

Oh, it was just the one. I thought all makefile.inc files had the same problem, but I just overlooked this one.

Check the folder lib/dvb too
the subfolder lowlevel seems to be missed in staging headers
maybe forgot Makefile.am for dir ?

scruff1963's Photo scruff1963 6 Mar 2012

Thanks it seems to be working now.