←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Enigma2 freezes, dm500hd, sundtek usb

's foto atilaks 16 apr 2012

Hey OpenPli team,

Enigma2 freezes when I zap to a DVB-C channel. Could you help me?

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Navigation.py", line 49, in dispatchEvent
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/PerServiceDisplay.py", line 17, in event
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Sources/CurrentService.py", line 24, in serviceEvent
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Element.py", line 86, in changed
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/CList.py", line 7, in __call__
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/pliExpertInfo.py", line 164, in changed
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Element.py", line 86, in changed
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/CList.py", line 7, in __call__
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Renderer/Label.py", line 21, in changed
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Element.py", line 15, in wrapper
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Converter/pliExpertInfo.py", line 76, in getText
  File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Tools/Transponder.py", line 64, in ConvertToHumanReadable
KeyError: 'modulation'
(PyObject_CallObject(<bound method Navigation.dispatchEvent of <Navigation.Navigation instance at 0x17005a8>>,(4,)) failed)
Citeren

's foto littlesat 16 apr 2012

Hopefully this is fix tomorrow.... As I cannot check it I'm not 100% sure .
Citeren

's foto atilaks 16 apr 2012

Thanks. Modified Transponder.py from another thread solved my problem. However this is just a quick and dirty solution, so I hope sundtek will fix the problem soon.
Citeren

's foto atilaks 17 apr 2012

Hi again,

Could you also take a look on pliExpertInfo.py (lines 78:96) and add some checks for frequency, symbolrate and fec_inner? When zapping to a dvb-c channel values are null and enigma2 crashes.

http://openpli.git.s...3a17d987e459dba

Thanks.
Citeren

's foto littlesat 17 apr 2012

So PliExtraInfo.py is fine now and pliExpertInfo.py is still "crashing"?.... please note pliExpertInfo.py is principally obsoleted.... it is only there for skins that do not adjust (yet) to PliExtraInfo.py....

In fact the issue is that the tuner is not returning the correct values as they are not fully DVBAPI 5 compatible.

Based on the structure of pliExpertInfo the easiest solution is to put a try/except structure around this code - or (better rewrite) to check the values for being having a value before doing a calculation.

But because I consider pliExptertInfo as obsoleted I would recommend to use a skin that does not use this anymore.
Citeren

Yes, I switched to Holi's SimpleHD skin and pliExpertInfo was crashing, so I fixed pliExpertInfo by hand, just to get it to work.

I will ask Holi to update his skin.

Thanks.
Citeren

I would prefer these skins change to pliExtraInfo.... ;) ... Finally I can just remove pliExpertInfo...
Veranderd door littlesat, 17 april 2012 - 12:06
Citeren

agree, I asked Holi to switch to pliExtraInfo
Citeren

so I fixed pliExpertInfo by hand

Could you post your fix here?
Citeren

Here you go.

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Citeren

's foto sundtek 18 apr 2012

In fact the issue is that the tuner is not returning the correct values as they are not fully DVBAPI 5 compatible.

Hi littleat,

Can you point out to which values are wrong?
Citeren

's foto pieterg 18 apr 2012

the problem is not that parameters are wrong, the driver returns no parameters at all (when using FE_GET_PROPERTY).
Citeren

's foto sundtek 19 apr 2012

the problem is not that parameters are wrong, the driver returns no parameters at all (when using FE_GET_PROPERTY).

FE_GET_PROPERTY is fully supported with the driver, reading FEC, Delivery System etc. is no problem. Linux VDR and some Linux Applications are using it for a long time.
We've seen some issues with FE_GET_PROPERTY in the past with some vtuner/broadcom module versions, do you think that might be the issue?

our openpli buildsystem is ready so far. we'll have a look at overriding the dvb commands and submitting it directly to the driver soon.
Citeren

's foto sundtek 19 apr 2012

As mentioned earlier already, we can give away some samples for E2 developers if there's some interest about it.
Citeren

's foto pieterg 19 apr 2012

The driver returns an invalid result on FE_GET_PROPERTY, so I think it does not even get forwarded to your code.
The dmm vtuner driver probably has no dvbapi5 support.
Citeren

's foto littlesat 19 apr 2012

So as work-a-round we should/could re-enable usbtunerhelper for the DMM boxes....:D
Citeren

's foto pieterg 19 apr 2012

no, that won't help
Citeren

:(
Citeren

's foto atilaks 19 apr 2012

well, the device works like a charm, I can live without freq and fec on my screen until sundtek or dmm releases a new driver...
Citeren

until sundtek or dmm releases a new driver...

Sundtek is not the issue here ;)
Citeren