←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

video file formats

's foto aughii 26 apr 2012

Hi,

I have my dream box DM7000 up running with OpenPLI. (Enigma1). I have a internal HD in it, and I'm trying to use it so I can watch movies uploaded to the dream box from my PC (via FTP).
But seems like it doesn't work... I have tried .AVI .MPEG .MKV and so on, but it won't play.

Can anyone point me a doc or please tell how this is done? I want to use the Dreambox also as a media player, simply. For instance with VLC. But not watch TV on PC screen... not that way - the other way around... see downloaded movies on my TV, from sofa ;-)

thanks!

- augh
Citeren

's foto Erik Slagter 26 apr 2012

The dm7000 can only play mpeg2 in mpeg transport stream of mpeg2 in mpeg program stream. That's all. Don't forget it's technology from 2002.
Citeren

The dm7000 can only play mpeg2 in mpeg transport stream of mpeg2 in mpeg program stream. That's all. Don't forget it's technology from 2002.

okey. thanks - but isn't it possible to install a media player that can play more formats?

btw... what is a good "any video file" -- > .ts converter for mac? =)
Veranderd door aughii, 26 april 2012 - 18:49
Citeren

's foto WanWizard 26 apr 2012

No, it's a hardware limitation.
Citeren

No, it's a hardware limitation.

ok, I see.. tx
Citeren

's foto hemispherical1 26 apr 2012

You should be able to install a VLCFrontend/movieplayer type plugin to use VLC on your PC to transcode movies (located on your PC) and, stream them to your DB as mpeg2...

--
hemi
Citeren