• Please log in to reply
367 replies to this topic

#1 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,963 posts

+334
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2012 - 19:43

Automatic Full Backup for ET/VU model(only PLi-3.0)...

The basic idea is taken from e2openplugin-AutoBackup.
Author Pedro_Newbie.
Modified Dima73 and vlamo.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: FullBackup #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2012 - 19:53

What are the improvements???

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: FullBackup #3 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,963 posts

+334
Excellent

Posted 25 July 2012 - 20:15

What are the improvements???

Full Backup = BackupSuite HDD/USB,only automatically every day :) .

Re: FullBackup #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2012 - 14:28

Wouldn't it be better that present the improvements to Pedro_Newbie and ask him to apply them?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: FullBackup #5 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2012 - 15:08

I think that is even a better idea... Why should we put two different releases on our server????

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: FullBackup #6 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2012 - 19:52

This plugin I made about a year ago. I modified the former autobackup plugin to run the bashscript from the BackupSuite. So it was possible to make automatic full back-ups on a daily base. This was pure experimental and wasn't distributed.
Last December I placed the plugin (version 1.4) on request on the Xtrend forum as an one time only plugin without any support because I don't want or have time to develop it further and maintain it.

Dima73 modified this version together with Vlamo and added some features like the ability to discard backups older then x days.
Both Dima73 and I weren't interested to develop it further so version 1.5 was the last version in February this year.

After the introduction of Openpli 3.0 Dima73 asked me this week for a modified script for use in the plugin, I modified the current backup script and gave some advice about depends etc. so it could run in the Openpli 3.0 environment independent from the BackupSuite. Dima73 made some slight changes and made an IPK for it, version 1.6. I tested it for him if it would run on a VU+, this was the case.

So both plugins are similar but also very different. "My" plugin, the BackupSuite, only makes back-ups on demand while the plugin automatic-fullback makes back-ups on a daily bases like the normal autobackup plugin.

I'm not interested to further maintain or develop an automatic back-up system, I use a regular cronjob to produce my back-ups on a daily base.
My focus is on further developing or maintaining the BackupSuite.

As for me, both plugins could be placed on the feed but I will only maintain the BackupSuite and I hope Dima73 will do the same for the plugin automatic-fullbackup

Re: FullBackup #7 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:06

I think it's at least strange and very inefficient to maintain two versions of a plugin that offer almost the same functionality. It would be really be best if you and dima73 would get together and merge them.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 27 July 2012 - 08:06.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: FullBackup #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:46

I think it is even better to have it on E2Openplugins... then it is not anymore a third party and it promotes that more people could work together with lower efford...

Re: FullBackup #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:48

And that of course!!!

Then anyone can come with improvements! And it's easier to keep it up with OE changes, like I said earlier.

Re: FullBackup #10 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 27 July 2012 - 16:36

I think it's at least strange and very inefficient to maintain two versions of a plugin that offer almost the same functionality. It would be really be best if you and dima73 would get together and merge them.

Why do you think it's strange, it's giving choice, you can install the BackupSuite or the automatic-fullbackup or even both. It hasn't to be both, it only give choices. Look at the enormous load of picons and skins, all do more or less the same but aren't combined and are all on the feed. There are plenty plugins in the feed which are similar, e.g. look at the EPG options etc.

I think it is even better to have it on E2Openplugins... then it is not anymore a third party and it promotes that more people could work together with lower efford...

I tried again yesterday with github for windows but it isn't my cup of tea. Now when I have changes I start notepad++ make my changes directly on my VU+ in /home/root/backupsuite and make a new IPK with one command in DCC_E2.
My former adventures with github/tortoise etc. gave me headaches, a lot of extra work and DOS-line endings in my script as bonus because it was copied from windows to github etc.
So for me it is no option to work via github.

And that of course!!!
Then anyone can come with improvements! And it's easier to keep it up with OE changes, like I said earlier.

But if anyone wants to take over and incorporate it in e2openplugins and maintain it, please be my guest, for me it's pure pleasure/hobby but I'm no professional and have very limited skills and have to do all with trial and error. I am not hindered by any knowledge :D.
I'm always in for suggestions and if it is in my power I will incorporate the suggestions/improvements as I did before.

Maybe the automatic-fullbackup is more in its place if it is incorporated in the plugin e2openplugin AutoBackup, with the same choices as there are know but also the choice to make a full back-up next to or instead of the settings/autoinstall/bouquets etc.

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 27 July 2012 - 16:37.

Re: FullBackup #11 delagroov

• 1,579 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 8 November 2012 - 07:41

I tried this automatic backup from feeds, but it does not make the root_cfe_auto.jffs2 in the folder..

Edited by delagroov, 8 November 2012 - 07:41.

Vu+ Solo2 / Atemio Nemesis / Et9000 / TM Twin / Spark2

Astra 1/2/3 en HB / Harmony Touch, & 600
https://github.com/d...in-PLi-Full-HD-Night

Re: FullBackup #12 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2012 - 11:09

and you're sure about this 'r'? ;)
actually it's boot_cfe_auto.jffs2 that is not created by this backup tool
(and you can successfully flash your backup using only 2 (root_cfe and kernel_cfe) files AFAIK...)
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: FullBackup #13 delagroov

• 1,579 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 8 November 2012 - 11:43

and you're sure about this 'r'? ;)
actually it's boot_cfe_auto.jffs2 that is not created by this backup tool
(and you can successfully flash your backup using only 2 (root_cfe and kernel_cfe) files AFAIK...)

Yes i am sure..

root_cfe_auto.jffs2 is not created..

Attached Files

Re: FullBackup #14 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2012 - 11:56

hmm, must be ultimo specific issue then...
just tested on duo and everything works as usual (2 files created /kernel and root/)
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: FullBackup #15 delagroov

• 1,579 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 8 November 2012 - 15:28

The script of Pedro works okay in Ultimo, but the one in fullback has some code in it which gave an error on Ultimo

Attached Files

Edited by delagroov, 8 November 2012 - 15:29.

Re: FullBackup #16 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2012 - 17:02

In the code of the automatic-fullbackup.sh is an error on line 103, it has to be
mv $WORKDIR/root.ubifs $MAINDEST/root_cfe_auto.jffs2
With this script I think it should work (I just tested it in the VU+ Duo and now it produces a real fullbackup)
Just unpack it in \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions\FullBackup\

I'm not the maintainer of this plugin, maybe Dima73 wants to update the package?

I think blzr is confusing the BackupSuite with the automatic-fullbackup plugin

Attached Files

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 8 November 2012 - 17:03.

Re: FullBackup #17 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2012 - 17:09

I'm not sure if the automatic-fullbackup is also working properly if the USB location is chosen because of the changes in handling the USB devices, it is now mounting on labelname instead of media/usb

(Already removed the plugin again so not tested the USB store location, sorry)

Edited by Pedro_Newbie, 8 November 2012 - 17:10.

Re: FullBackup #18 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2012 - 17:32

I took the liberty to repack the AFB with the changes I made. Not further tested concerning USB use.

Attached Files

Re: FullBackup #19 delagroov

• 1,579 posts

+21
Neutral

Posted 8 November 2012 - 17:45

In the code of the automatic-fullbackup.sh is an error on line 103, it has to be

mv $WORKDIR/root.ubifs $MAINDEST/root_cfe_auto.jffs2
With this script I think it should work (I just tested it in the VU+ Duo and now it produces a real fullbackup)
Just unpack it in \usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions\FullBackup\

I'm not the maintainer of this plugin, maybe Dima73 wants to update the package?

I think blzr is confusing the BackupSuite with the automatic-fullbackup plugin

Now its working okay...made an backup on Hdd

Edited by delagroov, 8 November 2012 - 17:45.

Re: FullBackup #20 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,963 posts

+334
Excellent

Posted 8 November 2012 - 20:25

I took the liberty to repack the AFB with the changes I made. Not further tested concerning USB use.

Thanks.

P.S.littlesat please update the plugin on the feed...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plugin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users