cifs mount

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 November 2012 - 20:46

Hello,

My Lacie D2 NAS drive has an expansion USB slot to allow the total capacity of the drive to be increased.

When connected, the expansion USB drive appears as "Lacie (usb)" in the list of shares, when displayed with the NAS drive's web configuration page, with Public access right (according to the documentation it isn't possible to restrict access to the mounted USB drive). This share is also visible on the VU+ using Menu -> Setup -> System -> Network -> Network Browser. When I try to mount this share it appears in the list of mounted shares, with status Active, but Unmounted (an X is displayed on the mount icon).

When I logged onto the box using telnet, the LACIE (usb) share is not displayed when I execute the mount command.

At fiirst I thought that this was because of the space and open/close brackets in the share name, but the following commands are accepted:

root@vuduo:/# mkdir /media/net/lacieusbLACIED2

root@vuduo:/# mount -t cifs "//192.168.0.48/LaCie (usb)" /media/net/lacieusbLACIED2/

root@vuduo:/# mount

//192.168.0.48/LaCie (usb) on /media/net/lacieusbusbLACIED2 type cifs (rw,mand,relatime,sec=ntlm,unc=\192.168.0.48\LaCie)

root@vuduo:/# ls /media/net/lacieusbLACIED2

movies

Is there anything I might be doing wrong? I looked for the log files at /var/logs, but they weren't present.
I am able to access the USB share from windows machine, without needing to enter a username or password.

Can anyone help?

Edited by polomora, 4 November 2012 - 20:47.

Re: [VU+] Problems mounting CIFS share for NAS drive with USB expansion #2 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 November 2012 - 00:12

I'vebeen trying out a few more things.

I replaced the USB hard disk from the NAS drive's expansion port and replaced it with a USB memory stick, which I had ext3 formatted. Still not correctly recognised, the status in the mount manager is Unmounted / active. I don't understand what this means. When I tried to remove the mount, the box seized up displaying "Please wait while removing your network mount".

I had to reboot the box. I was then able to unmount the USB stick. The stick is OK because it is recognised when I plug it directly into the back of the box.

Is there a logging system implemented in openpli? I couldn't find it under /var/logs.
Should I report this as a bug?

Edited by polomora, 6 November 2012 - 00:12.

Re: [VU+] Problems mounting CIFS share for NAS drive with USB expansion #3 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,045 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 6 November 2012 - 15:58

Probably the software cannot properly handle spaces in share names. Yet.

Should I report this as a bug?

You already have :)

Edited by MiLo, 6 November 2012 - 15:59.

Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: [VU+] Problems mounting CIFS share for NAS drive with USB expansion #4 polomora

• 85 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 November 2012 - 20:41

Thanks Milo.

Looking forward to the bug fix :D
In the meantime as a workaround, I can use the USB drive directly attached to the box.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cifs, mount

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users