EPG Refresh/Load Problems!

EPG settings VU+ Solo

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 alomkhan

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:04

Hi, I'm using Openpli 3.0 image on my Solo, The EPG is not refreshing.
Only some of the channels are showing the guide & even then only showing now/next.
The only settings for the EPG is to enable or disable, no other settings on this image.

Also to change channels I have to press the right arrow on remote, instead of channel up/down,
is there any setting to change this?

The previous image had a lot more settings. PLEASE HELP.

Sorry but I am a total dummy at this.

Edited by WanWizard, 30 January 2013 - 20:46.
removed unreadable font

Re: EPG Refresh/Load Problems! #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2013 - 20:52

Welcome here.

Whether or not your box can receive EPG information "over the air" depends on which provider you'e watching. Those that use the DVB standard (like for example the German, Belgian or Dutch channels) can be recieved without problems. Others use propriatary systems which have been reverse engineered, like Freesat in the UK. Those you can receive too. Others (like for example SKY UK or SKY IT) use systems that are not supported.

Now/next information is always broadcasted using DVB standards, so that explains why you have that, but not more.

You might have a look at Rytecs XMLTV importer, to see if they support EPG for your provider.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: EPG Refresh/Load Problems! #3 alomkhan

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2013 - 16:54

Welcome here.

Whether or not your box can receive EPG information "over the air" depends on which provider you'e watching. Those that use the DVB standard (like for example the German, Belgian or Dutch channels) can be recieved without problems. Others use propriatary systems which have been reverse engineered, like Freesat in the UK. Those you can receive too. Others (like for example SKY UK or SKY IT) use systems that are not supported.

Now/next information is always broadcasted using DVB standards, so that explains why you have that, but not more.

You might have a look at Rytecs XMLTV importer, to see if they support EPG for your provider.

I used to use vix image with provider Sky & it used to work, but since changing to openpli I have this
problem, How do I get Rytecs XMLTV Importer, also any settings for the remote?
SORRY i'M A REAL DUMMY AT THIS.

Re: EPG Refresh/Load Problems! #4 DrAk3

• 85 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 31 January 2013 - 18:52

You can also use crossepg plugin to download epg from sky :)

Re: EPG Refresh/Load Problems! #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 31 January 2013 - 21:21

Rytec has his own forum here, I'm sure this question has been answered before, and otherwise someone in there can help you further.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: EPG Refresh/Load Problems! #6 alomkhan

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 February 2013 - 02:16

You can also use crossepg plugin to download epg from sky :)

How do I get crossepg?

Re: EPG Refresh/Load Problems! #7 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,271 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2013 - 07:32

You can install xmltv importer from our feeds.... So via your remote...

Edited by littlesat, 1 February 2013 - 07:32.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: EPG, settings, VU+ Solo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users