Alias function

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 samukets

• 187 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 26 April 2013 - 16:10

This plugin has the function ALIAS? You can select a channel name X and passes it to the other providers?

Comedy Central-provider 70W for comedy central all providers!

Re: Alias function #2 samukets

• 187 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 30 April 2013 - 03:41

has the function like crossepg?

I have 2 different providers with the same nid in 3 channels, the channels are completed with EPGs wrong to have the same nid, how could circumvent this problem?

Re: Alias function #3 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 30 April 2013 - 08:25

If channels have the wrong epg, pls. forward the service id of that channel (and their name) to me.

Probably a wrong link is in place.

Willy

PS:

1. It is possible to link the same epg to more than one channel.  Take a look in channels.xml file to see this.

2. Crossepg has trouble with this sort of channels.  So I advise to use the XMLTV importer.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 30 April 2013 - 08:26.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Alias function #4 woffer

• 280 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 May 2018 - 14:59

If channels have the wrong epg, pls. forward the service id of that channel (and their name) to me.

Probably a wrong link is in place.

Willy

PS:

1. It is possible to link the same epg to more than one channel.  Take a look in channels.xml file to see this.

2. Crossepg has trouble with this sort of channels.  So I advise to use the XMLTV importer.

Willy

I resume this discussion to ask a question. On openatv I can not find the channels.xml file. How can I use the "alias" function with epgimport?

I would like to replicate the epg on some channel of the dtt and some channels present in more satellites. I can do it?

Thank you @Willy

Re: Alias function #5 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 31 May 2018 - 06:58

The channels.xml file is a file dynamically downloaded from our servers each day.

Install EPGimport.  Go to /etc/epgimport/ on you receiver, and open the file rytec.sources.xml in an editor like PSpad or Notepad++

Find the URL's for the rytec.channels.xml.xz file.  Download one of the URL's with your browser.  You may have to try several, since some websites do not allow downloading by browser.

Unzip this file with an xz enabled unzipper like 7zip or peazip.

Now you have the rytec.channels.xml file.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Alias function #6 woffer

• 280 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 June 2018 - 14:35

The channels.xml file is a file dynamically downloaded from our servers each day.

Install EPGimport.  Go to /etc/epgimport/ on you receiver, and open the file rytec.sources.xml in an editor like PSpad or Notepad++

Find the URL's for the rytec.channels.xml.xz file.  Download one of the URL's with your browser.  You may have to try several, since some websites do not allow downloading by browser.

Unzip this file with an xz enabled unzipper like 7zip or peazip.

Now you have the rytec.channels.xml file.

Willy

Something I do not understand, I'm sorry. The structure of the alias file is this

# ALIASES configuration section   [aliases]           rai 1-rai=rai 1,rai hd   rai 2-rai=rai 2   rai 3-rai=rai 3,rai 3 tgr lombardia

I do not understand how to do it in the file rytec.channels.xml...

and, for example, the Italian dvbt ALPHA channel, missing EPG because  written in the file ALPHA TV instead ALPHA?

<!-- DVB-T --><channel id="alpha59.it">1:0:1:32:202:1D:EEEE0000:0:0:0:</channel><!-- Alpha TV --> 

And,if The channels.xml file is  dynamically downloaded from our servers each day...how do I have to for a personal "alias" file and always working locally?

Sorry for my poor english and thanks again @Willy

Re: Alias function #7 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,006 posts

+638
Excellent

Posted 5 June 2018 - 15:54

Huh.....

We are talking about something completely different.  I do not even understand what you are saying.  This is nothing I came across in enigma2 and EPG import!!!

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Alias function #8 woffer

• 280 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 June 2018 - 16:33

Huh.....

We are talking about something completely different.  I do not even understand what you are saying.  This is nothing I came across in enigma2 and EPG import!!!

Willy

I know this...maybe I explained myself wrong...sorry

can i just give suggestions for updates to the rytec.channels.xml.xz file or can i even get me a file locally?

thanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users