Photo

[VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin?

transcoder solo2

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#1 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 8 August 2013 - 20:49

Hi,

sorry for asking, but how can I use the transcoder plugin? I would like to use the streaming to my iPad. Sadly the normal streaming function doesn't work with HD stations.
Thanks
Umtauscher

Edited by umtauscher, 8 August 2013 - 20:52.

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #2 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 8 August 2013 - 21:31

Quite simple: set  the plugin to enable transcoding.

Be aware that you cant transcode the TV-channel that you're watching on the telly.

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #3 Robinson

• 2,614 posts

+30
Good

Posted 8 August 2013 - 21:39

umtauscher, by the way, are you using OpenPLi image? If so, was the plugin there by default?

Last time I flashed OpenPLi on my Solo2, there was no trace of TranscodingSetup plugin in the plugin list.

Is it back?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #4 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 August 2013 - 07:38

Be aware that you cant transcode the TV-channel that you're watching on the telly.

Thanks for answering, that's what I thought.

Unfortunately:

1. I don't have any means to connect to the stream on port 8002.

2. The plugin doesn't let me change the port.

3. The Openwebif doesn't have the icon for the second stream (as mentioned elsewhere on the web)

So what App/local web address do I use for the transcoded stream?

Thanks in advance

Umtauscher

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #5 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 9 August 2013 - 07:40

umtauscher, by the way, are you using OpenPLi image? If so, was the plugin there by default?

Last time I flashed OpenPLi on my Solo2, there was no trace of TranscodingSetup plugin in the plugin list.

Is it back?

Yes sure I use OpenPLI.

It simply was there in the plugins. I installed it some days ago.

Cheers

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #6 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 9 August 2013 - 07:58

Thanks for answering, that's what I thought.

Unfortunately:

1. I don't have any means to connect to the stream on port 8002.

2. The plugin doesn't let me change the port.

3. The Openwebif doesn't have the icon for the second stream (as mentioned elsewhere on the web)

So what App/local web address do I use for the transcoded stream?

Not sure why you can't change the port via the plugin; works fine here (using L/R keys one can switch between 8001 & 8002).

The WEB-IF has to be adapted to add the second stream-icon for both the Solo2 & DUO2.

The android app VU-player has the option to set the config to use transcoding. You could use the Windows program 'BlueStacks' to emulate that.

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #7 Robinson

• 2,614 posts

+30
Good

Posted 9 August 2013 - 08:27

Any chance for OpenPLi to adapt the OpenWebif?

The additional TV icon is there on other images.

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 9 August 2013 - 08:32

OpenWebIf is fully open source, so this begs the question why these "other images" have it, but haven't bothered to contribute the improvements back to the community...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #9 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 9 August 2013 - 08:53

I'm not sure (as I'm not a coder) but that might be due to the fact that hardware dependant items should be added (in E2 or in WEB-IF??). So during build an 'if box xxx then yyyy' statement. After all this should only be visible when in the WEB-IF of the Solo2 & DUO2.

Just my two cents.

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #10 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 August 2013 - 17:05

OpenWebIf is fully open source, so this begs the question why these "other images" have it, but haven't bothered to contribute the improvements back to the community...

So - I see the usual with OpenPLI: Someone else is to blame!

I really don't understand this attitude. Any bug that is found produces an endless discussion who's fault it is instead of fixing the bugs.

Why is the transcoding plugin even in the feed if it isn't supported or even supposed to function?

I give up.

Cheers

Umtauscher

Edited by umtauscher, 13 August 2013 - 17:05.

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2013 - 17:53

Sorry? Did I mention "fault"?

My points is that this is a piece of open source software (and not our software), and in the open source community is it common practice to contribute to a common repository, or fork and push back.

You run into an issue that was fixed in one of those forks, but that person wiped his backside on how open source should work, and kept it for himself.

And now you "demand" from us to do the same work again because that person couldn't be bothered, and complain that we don't drop everything for you? Im afraid it doesn't work like that. Tell the guy why fixed it to push his fixes back, and make everyone happy. f this didn't happen a lot more time would be available to make new and exciting stuff.

There is a lot of community and 3rd-party stuff in de feeds. That doesn't mean we support it, and it also doesn't mean we're going to fix it if it is broken. And if we do, we fix it where it should, at the source.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #12 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2013 - 19:32

Besides this, not once but several times has been mentioned that transcoding does not work at the moment on OpenPLi. It needs to be re-engineerd first. The way VU+ has implemented this is not compatible with OpenPLi.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #13 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2013 - 20:13

Openpli has the streamproxy embeded into enigma2, while vu's transcoding plugin is using a patched version of dmm's/scherkraft's seperated streamproxy. That is not compatible. We would not like to revert back a patched seperated streamproxy. In addition the issues with current playing live tv and/or recordings with the transcoding we can not solve as this is embeded into the drivers of vu.
It seems vix found a solutions. I cannot find if they are simply reverted back to the dmm's/schwerkraft's seperated streamproxy -or- they really find a good fix.

Edited by littlesat, 14 August 2013 - 20:14.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #14 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:16

With today's drivers the transcoding of the Solo2 has been upgraded (selectable frame- and bitrate, just as the DUO2).

Attached File  Transcoding Solo2.jpg   90.61KB   421 downloads

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #15 Robinson

• 2,614 posts

+30
Good

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:01

Oh really? :)

And what are the values to choose from?

Also, I would like to ask OpenPLi if there is a chance for TranscodingSetup and OpenWebif to work correctly on OpenPLi images?

This concerns the missing Transcoding TV icon in OpenWebif.

I know there are some arguments going back and forth between different teams but is someone finally going to give up quarrelling and adapt the neceessary modifications for the welfare of all OpenPLi users?

By the way, SatKiekerd, is it enough to just upgrade the drivers and all the options will miraculously appear in the TranscodingSetup plugin or is there a new version of TranscodingSetup required as well?

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #16 amigo

• 1,315 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:06

With today's drivers the transcoding of the Solo2 has been upgraded (selectable frame- and bitrate, just as the DUO2).

attachicon.gifTranscoding Solo2.jpg

Stil useless, like to see 2 port settings. One for the road and one for local network.

VU+ Ultimo 4K - 78 Triax met triple Quad 

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #17 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:32

By the way, SatKiekerd, is it enough to just upgrade the drivers and all the options will miraculously appear in the TranscodingSetup plugin or is there a new version of TranscodingSetup required as well?

If the image supports transcoding at all (and if the latest version of the transcoding plugin is being used): yes.

As I said before: there's only one transcoding plugin, that works for the DUO2 as well as for the Solo2.

Still useless, like to see 2 port settings. One for the road and one for local network.

You have two port settings: one for not-transcoded streaming (that can be used for LAN-streaming) and one for transcoded streaming (that can be used for WLAN-streaming).

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #18 amigo

• 1,315 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:41

Most of the tablets cant handle the HD content local ( yet )

VU+ Ultimo 4K - 78 Triax met triple Quad 

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #19 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 August 2013 - 14:59

Stil useless, like to see 2 port settings. One for the road and one for local network.

That's irrelevant, VU+ provides and assumes a separate streamproxy, OpenPLi doesn't work that way. The way I PLAN (!) to implement this, is using get parameters on the url (?transcode&bitrate=1000).

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: [VU+ SOLO2] How to use the transcoding plugin? #20 Robinson

• 2,614 posts

+30
Good

Posted 19 August 2013 - 21:51

The way I PLAN (!) to implement this, is using get parameters on the url (?transcode&bitrate=1000).

It is reassuring to know that somebody is working on it for the OpenPLi image.

Please note OpenWebif used by PLi currently does not support the additional TV icon used for transcoding, I think. This should really be fixed too.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transcoder, solo2

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)