←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

hbbtv plugin

anwar saheb's Photo anwar saheb 17 Aug 2013

need hbbtv and web browser for openpli dm 8000

pieterg's Photo pieterg 17 Aug 2013

dmm keeps it closed, so you have to use a dmm image.

robertut's Photo robertut 18 Aug 2013

There used to be a HBBTV plugin working on ET boxes. Could you please give me the plugin name? Is it only one or there are more to be installed?

Erik Slagter's Photo Erik Slagter 18 Aug 2013

need hbbtv and web browser for openpli dm 8000

We (OpenPLi) too ;) (see pieterg's comment).

Erik Slagter's Photo Erik Slagter 18 Aug 2013

There used to be a HBBTV plugin working on ET boxes. Could you please give me the plugin name? Is it only one or there are more to be installed?

It's not that simple, every manufacturer needs to add support, just like drivers.

anwar saheb's Photo anwar saheb 18 Aug 2013

thank u very much

robertut's Photo robertut 19 Aug 2013

It's not that simple, every manufacturer needs to add support, just like drivers.

Yes indeed, but I have ET6000 box, what's the plugin I need to install to get HBBTV?

Erik Slagter's Photo Erik Slagter 19 Aug 2013

On ET6000? I don't know, I haven't got one. Are you sure it's supported on this receiver?

metoo's Photo metoo 19 Aug 2013

webbrowser from the feed

betacentauri's Photo betacentauri 19 Aug 2013

I think it's et-webbrowser plugin. But I'm not sure. I don't use hbbtv.

metoo's Photo metoo 19 Aug 2013

yes et-webbrowser 1.6.1 R0

Attached File  weblinks.jpg   60.05KB   115 downloads

Edited by metoo, 19 August 2013 - 19:37.

guirigui's Photo guirigui 20 Aug 2013

HBBTV is OK on X-Trend

But that won't work with .html type URL

it is easy to find out the URL of the chanel in question  via menu>>info

robertut's Photo robertut 20 Aug 2013

Is there any FTA channel in Europe where I could test?

Jeroensky's Photo Jeroensky 20 Aug 2013

The most easy way to have all bling bling on dreambox the easy way, is the Newnigma2 image, the unstable is the newest.. (then you don't need geminiplugin and softcam feed to add)

But all the bling bling comes with a price. Possible a bit more green screens as with OpenPli. But you do have the closed source ectra's from oe2.0 en gp and camfeed (that's why Newnigma2 is the everything in 1 image) :

Bluray disc player(only unprotected bluray's), BDMV support in DVDburn (unstable, not working), browser, hbbtv, etc. etc.

My experience is, that i prefer Open PLi on the DM8000.

BluRay/BDMV burning still isn't woking, so you don't miss it in openpli. For internet browsing is a computer with hdmi/dvi-d out way better. At openpli you have everything in the feed (settings, picons, softcams, and way more stable. But no BDMV recording, bluray play, no browser, no hbbtv, no blindscan.

The combination OpenDreambox (OE2.0) with Geminiplugin is very nice if you don't mind to manually update settings,picons, softcam once in a while (outside the feed to have uptodate data)

Tutorial of Geminiplugin that you install after you install Opendreambox and setup network & dns.

OpenPli is better ingineered, but that is my opinion.

Edited by Jeroensky, 20 August 2013 - 22:45.

Rob van der Does's Photo Rob van der Does 21 Aug 2013

Is there any FTA channel in Europe where I could test?

Actually you don't have to descramble a service to be able to use the HbbTV functionality. So you can pick any channel that supports HbbTV and try it (such as the scrambled NED 1,2,3 on 19.2E & 23.5E and also many German FTA channels on 19.2E)

littlesat's Photo littlesat 21 Aug 2013

A lot of the German channels on astra1 do have HBBTV... I suggest you can test one of those.

guirigui's Photo guirigui 21 Aug 2013

If living out of Germany, I am not sure it is possible to test German ARTE HD Hbbtv(ASTRA 19.2) for instance.
Medium/high speed ADSL connexion is needed and so far I could see, it's available from ADSL provider in the same country only.
I have not recently tested this chanel; in the past, I got message telling I was not allowed to access the URL in question from France.

Rob van der Does's Photo Rob van der Does 21 Aug 2013

I get HbbTV on all German and Dutch channels here in France. Some Dutch contents is indeed geo-locked, but most is free available.

And indeed: for videostreaming a medium bandwith internet connection is required.

FullSky's Photo FullSky 17 Mar 2014

Hi,

i have a question:

- for my dreambox800HDse can i install plugin hbbtv?

If yes, how can i do?

Thanks

littlesat's Photo littlesat 17 Mar 2014

Om dmm image where the enigma2 cpp stuff is closed source you can,.. On real open source enigma2 you can't....