Photo

Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33,469 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 11 September 2013 - 18:45

https://signup.netflix.com

Good news!

Netflix is now available in the Netherlands.

Now you can instantly watch TV programmes & films over the Internet on your tablet, TV or computer.

Enjoy all you can watch anytime, anywhere for only EUR7.99 a month.

on the Glassfibre 1GB DVB-C...

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #2 gunst1965

• 68 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:23

is dit ook te gebruiken op een Et9x00?

RIP: ET-9000, XSARIUS FUSION CI,  DISEqC 1.2 ROTOR, 1 LNB,  1 DISC DUO NLB 19.2 + 23.5

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 14 September 2013 - 11:15

No,

Netflex uses Silverlight (Microsoft propriatary) and DRM, so it will never work. We have to wait until they've seen the light and remove the DRM (like for example iTunes has done in the past).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #4 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 8 March 2014 - 11:28

Maybe a stupid question. But since those newer setop boxes have heavy CPU's onboard, is their a chance to run WINE on them? (windows emulator) Because if so, then you can run netflix on Linux (using drm/Microsoft silverlight on top of wine with own Gecko engine)

Having wine in openpli is not a license problem, and the enduser decides to install it in wine.

But again, i only guess that those newer enigma2 settopboxes have enough cpu power for wine besides enigma2.

It's the entertainment industrie that forces Netflix to use DRM (in Microsoft silverlight) . And yes they quit Silverlight because it's discontinued by Microsoft, but we still have html5 & drm struggle. (i also prefer not to put drm in html5, but to use it as extra option so that the end user decides to install it)

Edited by Jeroensky, 8 March 2014 - 11:30.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #5 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 8 March 2014 - 17:07

I don't think the MIPS CPU will understand x86 instructions...
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #6 Jeroensky

• 2,177 posts

+12
Neutral

Posted 8 March 2014 - 18:44

Of course. Stupid of me, i totally forgotten that Enigma2 settopbox is mips/powerpc platform, and not Ix86.
Wine on mips seems to be nasty. (wine on Ix86 cpu emulator for mips or something like that).

Edited by Jeroensky, 8 March 2014 - 18:44.

Dreambox Dm8000 with all hardware addons donated to OpenPli. No interests anymore in policy of CanalDigitaal / M7 group and now-a-days channel encryption (like CI+ / HD+).

Good luck Enigma2 / OpenPli, it was fun with Sky Movies and so on, collected a nice collection of movies. Now back to basic boring lineair TV with KPN iTV (VDSL2 pair bonding 219 / 63 Mbps).

The VDSL pair bonding is excellent for... torrents to NAS in higher quality then HDTV (Like Dolby-TrueHD or DTS-Master-Audio soundquality ) :D

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #7 dolphs

• 980 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 29 April 2014 - 13:38

Netflex uses Silverlight (Microsoft propriatary) and DRM, so it will never work. We have to wait until they've seen the light and remove the DRM (like for example iTunes has done in the past).

Any possible positive news on this ( like it was impossible to get UitzendingGemist on e2 ) perhaps?

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 29 April 2014 - 14:02

Not afaik.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #9 sullan

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 May 2014 - 22:00

My WD TV Live HD has netflix plugin. No Silverlight on that one I think.

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 1 May 2014 - 22:32

If you could manage to implement pipelight into the hbbtv brower, it should theoretically be possible.

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #11 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 22 May 2014 - 20:19

Any more progress on a NetFlix Plugin for Emigma2?

I just read that it will be available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium and Luxembourg by the end of the year.

I would be handy if I could use my DM7020HD to access it instead of a PC/Laptop hooked to the TV.

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #12 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 1 September 2014 - 20:13

Any more progress on a NetFlix Plugin for Emigma2?

I just read that it will be available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France, Belgium and Luxembourg by the end of the year.

I would be handy if I could use my DM7020HD to access it instead of a PC/Laptop hooked to the TV.

Anybody??

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #13 amigo

• 1,315 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 1 September 2014 - 21:33

Rather see a popcorn time plug-in ;)

Edited by amigo, 1 September 2014 - 21:33.

VU+ Ultimo 4K - 78 Triax met triple Quad 

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #14 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 5 September 2014 - 22:03

So back to my main question, is there any work ongoing at OpenPLi or with other plugin developers to allow an Enigma 2 Dreambox to access a legal Netflix account?

I ask since I do not have a Smart TV and would have to attach a laptop to the TV to watch Netflix if I cannot do it through my DM7020HD.

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 5 September 2014 - 22:06

No. Not that I know of. In that order. ;)

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #16 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 7 September 2014 - 19:42

No. Not that I know of. In that order. ;)

@WanWizard, thanks for the clear and concise answer I was looking for.

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #17 Anzo

• 310 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 8 September 2014 - 21:57

Chromecast is your answer if your tv has an USB option

Groet, André

:blink:

Re: Netflix is now available in the Netherlands! Start your free month today. #18 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 13 January 2016 - 00:44

One should contact these lads.... (enjoy testing!) :D There should be no reason (I hope :D ) why it shouldn't be available on our boxes, eh? :D Thanx Delfi for the hint... ;)

https://www.smartflix.io/

How it works  Smartflix is a simple application that combines an index of Netflix content available worldwide, an optimized proxy service and a chromeless web browser that embeds the Netflix web player.

Frequently asked questions (FAQ)  Is it safe to sign in to Netflix from inside the app?
 Yes. Your Netflix credentials are only saved on your computer (they are never transmitted to Smartflix servers). They are automatically deleted when you sign out of Netflix or when you uninstall the app.

What is the maximum quality I can get with Smartflix?
 At the moment Smartflix has the same quality limitations as Google Chrome and Firefox (720p max). It's a Netflix decision and I'm hoping Netflix starts allowing 1080p soon.

Why am I getting an error when trying to install Smartflix?
 Some antivirus block unsigned installers by default. At the moment the only way to install the app is to temporarily disable your antivirus during install and first launch.

Note: the installer should be signed by January 30 and this problem should disappear.

Why do I get stuck on the loading screen when I try to play something?
 Something on your network or your computer may be blocking the proxy port used by the app (port 8080). Try to open http://portquiz.net:8080 in your regular browser to see if that's the case (If the page doesn't load then the proxy port is blocked. If it does load, then please talk to me via the chat).

Can I use Chromecast?
 Google forces Google DNS on the Chromecast, making region-unblocking impossible.
Note: If you know how to reroute/block Google DNS at the router level, then Smartflix may offer a solution very soon. Stay tuned!

Is Smartflix available on Roku, Apple TV, Android, iOS, ...?
 Right now Smartflix is only available for Windows and Mac.
You can follow @smartflixteam on Twitter or like our Smartflix page on Facebook to hear about new apps as soon as they come out!

Will Netflix ban my account for using Smartflix?
 Millions of users have been region-unblocking Netflix for years without getting into any trouble. There are many other services offering this, Smartflix is just a "nice all-in-one" app!

How much does Smartflix cost?
 Smartflix is free during beta, then it will be a one-time fee of $7.99 (with a free month trial first). This payment will be a seperate payment from Netflix and you will be asked to pay to continue using the app when the free trial expires (it's not automatic).

Can I choose audio and subtitles language when streaming?
 We're currently working on this feature, it should come out in a few weeks!

How can I report wrong movie or TV show info?
 Please send us an email at smartflixteam@gmail.com or send us a message via the chat and we will fix it!

Acknowledgements 
Netflix data from across all regions is provided by the great folks at uNoGS.com — by far the most accurate Netflix database on the Internet. Check them out!

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users