Rytec XMLTV CrossEPG Image NN2 v. 3.3.2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicolrPLI

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2013 - 12:53

hi, every body
Mi Dilemma is:  Which Plugin should I use to download the EPGs for Sky UK on NewNigma 2 v.3.3.2?
On my very old Box DM800 HD PVR, CPU:300MHz, Flash 60MB, Memory: 141 MB
The History:
For about 2 Year I have used NN2 v. 3.2.2. dd. Jul.07,2011  With this Image I successfully used the Rytec XMLTV - EPG-Plugin. Jet , it worked very slow (it took me about 25 min for one download), bat it worked stable, no matter of crash, blue screen etc., after restart (reboot) the EPGs were always  there.
Nova date, about 6-8 weeks ago, I decided to install a newer Image , like NN2,v 3.3.2 . After set up , I installed the Rytec XMLTV plug in according to the Instructions of the "http://www.rytec.be/".
It did not work, the Image was damaged, crash after crash, so I gave up and tried some other solutions.
So, I installed the (OE2) NN2 v. 4.0.1(4) and used the CrossEPG. It worked well, but, unfortunately,  I had to live this new Image (the 4.0.x was too strong for my old DM800, the HD recordings did not play smooth), so I went back to v.3.3.2, witch I am using  now  and it woks fine. Except the EPG part:
I tried with the Cross EPG, but it seems not to work perfectly with this version (NN2v.3.3.2). Every time after download , I have to adjust the image (change the settings-file, manually restart <init 5/copy" ext.epg.dat" to Crossepg folder/init 3>, etc. This makes my Image unstable, it freezes very often, especially when recording with timer.
So, I am very unhappy with this EPG-story, it seems that I can not find any solution.
Can some one help me please?
I maybe  need :
1. The right Rytec XMLTV - plugin witch is compatible  to Newnigma v.3.3.2 and
2. the correct instruction- how to installed it.

Many Thanks in advance
with the best regards
Nick

Attached Files

Re: Rytec XMLTV or CrossEPG on Image NN2 v. 3.3.2 #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2013 - 14:16

I do not have experience with the Newnigma image. 

But, Can you not download it from the feed, directly with Applications green button?

I presume not, because it is not mentioned (both crossepg an XMLTV import) in the Newnigma feed: http://feed.newnigma...able/4.0/dm800/

Since it is not mentioned, I believe it is not supported on the Newnigma image.  And The described procedure was succesfull on Gemini OE1.6 but no guaranty can be given on the Newnigma or more recent versions of Gemini.

Also since you have an old DM800HD with limited memory, you have a limit on the amount of epg imported.  This can be solved by creating a swap file on a CF card or USB stick.

The only thing I can advise you is trying OpenPli for DM800.  It will still be OpenPli 2.1 I am afraid.

I ran that image on my DM7025 until I retired it, with a swap file of 128 mb enabled an a CF card to my great satisfaction.

On this image the XMLTV import plug-in is installeable from the feed.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Rytec XMLTV or CrossEPG on Image NN2 v. 3.3.2 #3 nicolrPLI

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2013 - 17:40

Thank you Willy!

This can be solved by creating a swap file on a CF card or USB stick.

I do have SWAP on USB Stick. But I don't think this should be the problem.

In the past this Rytec EPG plugin was on the NN2 feed, but they took it away , i don't know for what reason.

And I can't change my Image to OpenPli 2.1 , just because of the problem EPG. I am used with NN2 and I make a lot of other thinks with this Image , beside the EPGs.

I think, there is some compatibility problem and the only way you can help me, I think,  is to send my all the releases of this Plugin (Rytec XMLTV ) witch you publiced from 2010 till Today. So I can then test them.

As I mentioned , I use to work with this plugin and NN2 v. 3.2.2 for more then 2 years. I just need to find the same version of this .

Can you send me all those versions?

Thank you

Nick

Re: Rytec XMLTV or CrossEPG on Image NN2 v. 3.3.2 #4 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 6 October 2013 - 08:06

No, I cannot.  I am not the author of the plug-in.

I only use the plug-in from the feed.

Latest attached.

Willy

Attached Files

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rytec XMLTV, CrossEPG, Image NN2 v. 3.3.2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users