Vu+Duo WLAN support

USB WLAN

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Raista

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 December 2013 - 14:12

I'm very new to this and don't have a clue about Linux Telnet or FTP yet. I'd like to connect via wifi to my fritz box but have not had success with either a fritz!wlan USB stick n or a vu+ wireless USB adapter 300Mbps neither appear to be recognized. Any assistance very welcome

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 29 December 2013 - 14:16

If you want complete hassle-free wireless lan on your STB, you'd better buy a wireless bridge and connect it to the lan port.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #3 Raista

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:30

Thanks for your reply Erik, but is there any way to use my existing hardware?

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:31

Maybe there is, maybe there isn't. I don't know much time and effort you'd like to spend on it... That's why I wrote "hassle-free".

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #5 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2013 - 13:02

What fritzbox are you using?

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #6 Raista

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 December 2013 - 13:22

My fritz box is a 7390

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #7 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,782 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2013 - 14:43

To the best of my knowledge a fritz box 7390 can't be set to client bridge (or wireless bridge) mode so you have to by a second wifi router to create a wireless bridge

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 December 2013 - 14:56

The fritzbox will be needed to use as access point. You need an additional wireless bridge (or access point in client bridge mode) to connect to the STB.

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #9 Raista

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:43

You're both very keen on wireless bridges. Should I read that as no Linux based driver currently exists for the hardware I have? Or it's impossible to configure a vu+duo to work with USB based WLAN adapters?

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:49

You should read it as: It may be possible, it may work, but it also may not be possible and it also may not work. Depends how much time you're willing to spend...

A common mistake is to think a certain USB device is supported by Linux, so it will work on my STB. STB never have the latest linux kernel, some are even very old, and there is NO way to use a random linux kernel you'd like.

Even then, the USB hardware in STB'es is mostly not comparable to a PC (speed and robustness).

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #11 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 31 December 2013 - 15:34

You're both very keen on wireless bridges. Should I read that as no Linux based driver currently exists for the hardware I have? Or it's impossible to configure a vu+duo to work with USB based WLAN adapters?

Add me as #3. For hassle free LAN-usage a bridge is a must.

Re: Vu+Duo WLAN support #12 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 31 December 2013 - 17:09

Hi,

I am no. #4. I bought one for my brother as he has less then 0 knowledge of linux.

Search for wnce2001 which I can recommend.

At least the VU+ stick should work somehow but the question is how much hassle it is for you.

ciao

Edited by Trial, 31 December 2013 - 17:11.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: USB, WLAN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users