• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 7 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 shax

• 90 berichten

+16
Neutral

Geplaatst op 10 maart 2014 - 11:08

EnigmaDuplicates2.jpg

Simple open source tool for removal of duplicated and unneeded services from Enigma settings.

Who does it do?
Cleans your settings from services you don’t want/need

Why should I use it?
All satellite receivers have limited memory and CPU resources.
By removing unneeded services from settings you’re making your receiver faster,
your settings better organized and easier to maintain.

How does it work?
It will only list services with same name on same transponder and satellite.
Then it’s up to you to decide what services will be deleted based on the info
about every service (in what Bouquets is it used, PIDs it has, provider…)

What’s the best way to use it?
If you’re not making settings to be used by other people than yourself
easiest way is to first go with “Remove unused” which will remove ALL
services not used in any Bouquets and then proceed with other methods.
This will greatly decrease number of services (and duplicates) in your settings.

Other method is to select (automatically) duplicates not used in any bouquets,
and than remove selected services.

Or you can manually go trough each service and select if it should be removed or not,
it’s all up to you.

DIRECT DOWNLOAD

HERE

Source code on GitHub: https://github.com/s...nigmaDuplicates

Re: Enigma Duplicates #2 daimon

• 220 berichten

+5
Neutral

Geplaatst op 10 maart 2014 - 12:27

thanks. :)

Re: Enigma Duplicates #3 Cofybreak

• 115 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 12 maart 2014 - 16:07

This is nice, but will there be a version for linux?

Re: Enigma Duplicates #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68312 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 12 maart 2014 - 17:04

To make this useful, make sure you disable background scanning. Otherwise Enigma will automatically add all deleted services again when you zap to a transponder.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Enigma Duplicates #5 shax

• 90 berichten

+16
Neutral

Geplaatst op 15 maart 2014 - 21:08

To be honest, I've build this tool because I was irritated with duplicated services in settings.

People creating settings usually "borrow" some services from other settings by copy / paste methods,

leading to duplicating services in editors like Dreamset and other settings editor.

Background scanning updates services, and I suppose it doesn't create duplicates?

@cofybreak

When compiled for .NET framework 4.0 / Mono 2.8 application will work out of the box.

But WinForms TreeList control implementation under mono is a bit buggy, and my test on Linux Mint 15 showed some glitches.

That's why I didn't pursue it any further. But if you want to test it I suppose I could compile the version for you (or you can do it by yourself from source on Git).

Veranderd door shax, 15 maart 2014 - 21:08

Re: Enigma Duplicates #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68312 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 15 maart 2014 - 23:32

Background scanning updates services, and I suppose it doesn't create duplicates?

Define duplicate?

A background scan is just a normal transponder scan, it just happens in the background when you zap. And it will add all channels found on the transponder, so if you delete a lot, then zap, and you'll get them all back...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Enigma Duplicates #7 shax

• 90 berichten

+16
Neutral

Geplaatst op 17 maart 2014 - 19:43

No, that's not what I mean by duplicates.
I was referring to services added to settings by settings editors when performing copy/paste operations.
If you take service from one settings and copy/paste it to another if ALL attributes are not equal
(service name, provider, pids...) editor will simply create new service and keep the old one
since it doesn't really know it's the same service.

Background scanner on the other hand will simply update existing service(s) attributes.
Removing unused services is just additional layer of cleaning that eases process of finding duplicates.

Hopes it's a bit more clear now. :)

Re: Enigma Duplicates #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68312 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 17 maart 2014 - 20:25

Ah, ok.

Are there actually people that do that? And what is the point of such a copy/paste action?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: krkadoni, enigma, duplicates, settings

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers