Photo

DM800 - tuner has disappeared but can be found with another image. Bug?

tuner dm800 alps

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nizzehult

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:32

New here  :D
I have an older DM800HD clone and recently I ran into a problem that might be a bug in the image. 

Last year my tuner suddenly disappeard after a power out reboot (I usually have my box on 24/7). 
The image I was using then was OpenPLi-2.1-beta-dm800-201311xx.zip
After a number of retries I gave up and ordered a new (ALPS) tuner but with no success, the tuner was still missing. 
I tried everything; changing the 2:nd stage bootloader (ssl_84b to ssl_84d) forth and back, sending image in serial mode, using different (patched) DreamUp-versions and trying different OpenPli versions. 
Nothing helped. 
But finally - and I don't really know how - the tuner was found and I could set up the box again. 
So I saved the files for further use. 

Last week I had an hardware issue with my clone and I had to replace some capacitators. 
Since this issue messed up my image I had to reflash the box again. 
Same problem now, no tuner found. Even though I used the same files as before. Even tried latest OpenPli. 
Changed back to old tuner - no difference. 

Then I read on a forum about som gyus having the same problem - no tuner found - but all they did was pressing right arrow in the tuner configuration menu and then the tuner 
showed up an could be selected! But...there is no such option in OpenPli; nothing happens. 
So I installed a random image - Peter Pan 4.0 - and bingo: I could change the Tuner <empty> to my ALPS tuner! 
From there I could get my box running again. 

My guess is that OpenPli in some way, and under some circumstances "shuts off" the tuner. But how can I then turn it on? 

Tonight I will try to install the latest OpenPli now that I know that the tuner is found again. But what will happen next time? 

Re: DM800 - tuner has disappeared but can be found with another image. Bug? #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,379 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:06

Welcome to the OpenPLi support board.
Meanwhile it should be clear that we never have, nor will support any clones. You should seek support on other website that are only for support clones where you find based on PLi images which will work with the right bootloader.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tuner, dm800, alps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users