←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

vuduo firewall

wannaplay's Photo wannaplay 11 Apr 2014

I've always used the dm500. Now have a vu duo. I'm looking to install and enable the firewall. On the dm500 you use to be able to just add an ip to the firewall.users file and it would work.

Not sure how to do the same with the vu duo.. i've installed the firewall from the download panel, searched for the firewall and where i'm able to add the ip's that i want to allow access, but can't find it. I think it's dropbear that does the same job on a vuduo but can't find anywhere where i must add the ip's. How would i do the same thing as i use to do on the dm500?

wannaplay's Photo wannaplay 13 Apr 2014

nothing?

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 13 Apr 2014

There is no firewall component in OpenPLi.

In our point of view, you should NEVER connect an STB to an unsafe network, like the internet. Use a dedidated firewall, or a home router with built-in firewall features. Dropbear is an SSH server component, a replacement for OpenSSH. It does not protect your box from attacks!

Having said that, there is an OpenEmbedded layer for iptables, so if you're capable of compiling an image from source, you should be able to add iptables to the image yourself.

wannaplay's Photo wannaplay 14 Apr 2014

cheers! :)