DM7020HD Tuner settings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 10 May 2014 - 14:15

I have looked in the forum and on the web but cannot seem to find a way to do this.

I have a DM7020HD with 2 Sat tuners ( A & B ) and want to assign (manually) an individual channel(s) to Tuner B by default and leave all other channels as auto selection of tuner. Is this possible and if so how?

Re: Assign Channel to Tuner B - Possible? #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 10 May 2014 - 16:01

No it is not, you cannot link a channel to a tuner. Based on your setup Openpli select the best tuner.

But can you explain why you need such feature?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Assign Channel to Tuner B - Possible? #3 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 11 May 2014 - 14:02

No it is not, you cannot link a channel to a tuner. Based on your setup Openpli select the best tuner.

But can you explain why you need such feature?

I have 2 sat feeds (1 to each tuner) on 5 LNBs with DiSEqC switches to my DM7020HD. In the DM7020HD Tuner B is equal to Tuner A so normally it will go to Tuner A first and then to Tuner B for a recording for example. This is working great.

I have another more basic receiver that is designed to stay on one transponder and only sends the DiSEqC commands to the switch for sat selection and polarization on power-up (power switch on) not on channel change. It also is always providing power (DC) to the LNB even in standby.

So I bought a Slave/Master sat feed splitter that I planned to split my feed to Tuner B to the DM7020HD and the other receiver. The splitter master would be the DM7020HD and slave the other receiver since when in standby the DM7020HD does not supply DC to the LNB and DC is what causes the switch to change outputs with Master as priority.

The issue I have now is that I need to select the correct sat and polarization/Frequency (Channel) on the DM7020HD then go to standby (DC off) and then turn on the other receiver on for it to work. I have confirmed this on my DM800HD single tuner.

I want to use Tuner B feed as I do not want to interrupt Tuner A feed in case I want to record on the DM7020HD while watching the other receiver.

One thing I did not consider was that if the DM7020 woke up to record on Tuner A it would also send DC on Tuner B and force the Sat splitter to switch to master and disconnect my other receiver.

Am I correct to assume that once out of standby both Tuner A and B are powering their respective LNB with DC? If so, I may need to go to a manual switch sat splitter.

Re: Assign Channel to Tuner B - Possible? #4 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2014 - 15:30

Why don't you just give STB 2 an independent feed?

Re: Assign Channel to Tuner B - Possible? #5 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 12 May 2014 - 17:34

Why don't you just give STB 2 an independent feed?

Don't want to run another cable through the whole house, a lot of work.

Re: Assign Channel to Tuner B - Possible? #6 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 12 May 2014 - 21:01

How many satellites does the second STB receive from?

Re: Assign Channel to Tuner B - Possible? #7 fcs001fcs

• 244 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 13 May 2014 - 17:43

How many satellites does the second STB receive from?

Only 1 sat and really only one transponder but it can be setup for more.

Re: Assign Channel to Tuner B - Possible? #8 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2014 - 18:59

Ok. Put that satellite on port A of the switch. That way when you power up either STB the switch will automatically be connected to that satellite without any DiSEqC command being sent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DM7020HD, Tuner, settings

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users