solo2 video recordings 4.0

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 11 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 voyo

• 21 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 14 juli 2014 - 20:00

Hi there,

Apologies for my errors but this is my first post here.....

Until now I have been using OpenPLi 3.0 on my VU+ Solo2 (genuine) and everything was perfect.

All my video recordings (both encrypted and FTA) were easy to watch on my PC (VLC) and easy to edit on my PC (VideReDo & Handbrake).

Unfortunately, since OpenPLi has been updated to 4.0 this is no longer true.

I can still playback all recordings on PC (VLC) but:

1) FTA recording are still editable

2) encrypted recordings are no longer editable by neither VideoReDo or Handbrake (they are not recognized by them as video stream files)

Has something changed?

Is it going to be a permanent change?

I remember in the OP 3.0 there was an option to change the recording encryption status....

Please help.

Thank you

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 14 juli 2014 - 21:31

Can you playback encrypted recordings on your PC too? If not, you have have changed the config so that recordings are no longer decrypted when saved.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #3 voyo

• 21 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 14 juli 2014 - 21:45

Hi

The recordings from encrypted stations are not actually encrypted as such because I can playback them on PC with VLC easily.

The problem is these files are not recognized / cannot be opened by VideReDo and Handbrake at all (they are not visible to them as video stream files).

Any FTA recordings can be opened by VLC, VideoReDo and Handbrake with ease.

Has recording of encrypted stations changed somehow in OP 4.0?

How to change the config to record encrypted stations in 4.0 un-encrypted as was in 3.0? I do not see anything in the menu.....

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 15 juli 2014 - 07:54

No, absolutely nothing has changed, a TS is a dump from everything that is received.

4.0 has the additional option to record the file with ECM info, and record it in it's encrypted state, for offline decryption. So I was wondering if you enabled one of these settings by mistake.

If not, I don't have a clue.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #5 voyo

• 21 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 15 juli 2014 - 08:27

Hi

Could you please let me know where are these options in the menu?

Could not find them (saw them before in 3.0) though.

Thank you.

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 15 juli 2014 - 09:08

Don't have a box handy at the moment, I'm travelling. Maybe someone else can help out?

What is possible (but a dev should confirm this): not all hardware supports offline decoding, it could be possible that these options are not visible in your case. But they could be present in the config file, if you flashed 4.0 with restore of a backup?

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #7 voyo

• 21 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 15 juli 2014 - 18:51

Hi,

Offline decoding is the right tool to fix it?

I know where it is in the menu.

Any special way to do it or simply follow the prompts?

Thank you.

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68309 berichten

+1719
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 juli 2014 - 08:19

I don't know, I'm only guessing.

But I can't think of another reason, as a TS file is a one-on-one dump of everything that is received, as is. The only possible difference is the decoding.

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6046 berichten

+256
Excellent

Geplaatst op 16 juli 2014 - 08:48

Hi,

How do you transfer files between your STB and your PC, if it is with FTP be sure to configure your FTP tool to use binary and not ascii (check this especially with FileZilla).

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #10 atilaks

• 245 berichten

+5
Neutral

Geplaatst op 9 augustus 2014 - 19:32

I think I am experiencing the same problem. 

Recorded TS are no longer decrypted by default. I have to manually choose 'decode and record ECM' instead of 'Normal' (recording type) in timer's settings or use 'start offline decode' when recording is complete.

Something has changed recently, as all my recordings made after 22. june 2014 are encrypted.

Veranderd door atilaks, 9 augustus 2014 - 19:36

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #11 atilaks

• 245 berichten

+5
Neutral

Geplaatst op 9 augustus 2014 - 19:58

sorry guys, my bad, everything is fine after I switched from oscam-unstable to CCcam

Re: Video recordings on VU+ Solo2 non-editable with OpenPli 4 #12 Rob van der Does

• 7766 berichten

+184
Excellent

Geplaatst op 10 augustus 2014 - 05:06

.... as a TS file is a one-on-one dump of everything that is received, as is. The only possible difference is the decoding.

Apart from being demuxed (so only a part of the stream is actually being recorded).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: solo2, video recordings, 4.0

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers