Plugins

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Dogsbowlucks

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:31

Hi All,

Although i am new to PLi i have some experience using the Dreambox and until recently have been happy with DreamboxUK.

I have a genuine 800se and would like some advice on the following, if possible please?

I use iDream to edit my box and within the program there is a facility to drag and drop ipk files i wish to install. Then i would then go to file installer, double click 'Install ipk' and it was done.

My question is "How do i install files that i have put in the temp folder by using OpenPLi please?

Thanks in advance.

Dogs

Re: New to Open PLi #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,379 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:51

Welcome to the OpenPLi board.

By putting ipk's into the tmp directory you can install them with telnet.
Type
cd /tmp
Opkg install blablabla.ipk

You'll see that the plugin is being installed. But in case the plugin isn't compatible with OpenPLi then you get problems.

After installing you do

init 4 && init 3

Quit telnet

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: New to Open PLi #3 Dogsbowlucks

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:32

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have downloaded the latest DCC to my new laptop but for some reason it will not pick up the router. My old laptop and router worked fine.

So I tried the following but to no avail:

Menu\Plugins\Software management\install Local extensions\Memory\tmp

i chose the file and installed it and came back OK

rebooted enigma but nothing found.

It was TP Panel so perhaps it is not compatible, like you say.

Onwards and upwards

Re: New to Open PLi #4 Dogsbowlucks

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 August 2014 - 13:28

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have downloaded the latest DCC to my new laptop but for some reason it will not pick up the router. My old laptop and router worked fine.

So I tried the following but to no avail:

Menu\Plugins\Software management\install Local extensions\Memory\tmp

i chose the file and installed it and came back OK

rebooted enigma but nothing found.

It was TP Panel so perhaps it is not compatible, like you say.

Onwards and upwards

Finally got it installed only to be told its incompatible. oh well lots learnt

Re: New to Open PLi #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 August 2014 - 13:30

Generally it's unwise to install plugins that are not part of the distribution ("feed"), amongst others for this reason.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: New to Open PLi #6 hederstad

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:31

Hi everyone! Just joined to be able to download nfidump for linux. Will try Open PLI on usb-stick on my DM800SE-clone...

Re: New to Open PLi #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2014 - 09:49

Welcome here.

OpenPLi is not supported on a clone box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: New to Open PLi #8 MiLo

• PLi® Core member
  • 14,042 posts

+298
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2014 - 13:54

As for installing plugins from files, by far the easiest way is to put them on a USB stick, and stick it into the box. It will automatically ask you which to install.
Real musicians never die - they just decompose

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plugins

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users