encryption stream webstream mediaportal

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 franzk

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 November 2014 - 14:22

Hi,

I have an issue with the webstream of paytv channels. The channels are correctly descrambled in the box but are still marked with an encrypted flag. I am able to watch the stream with VLC or WMP but I need to load the stream into a "mediaportal tv-server" and it says "channel is scrambled" because the encryption flag is still set. It is working with free to air channels though.

Is there any setting that I overlooked?

Thank you!

Re: Encryption Flag with webstreams #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 27 November 2014 - 15:44

Apparently the PMT states the service is a "subscription" service and that is not a thing that changes after the stream is decrypted. The "encrypted" flags in the ts packet header is cleared when it's decrypted and that is what important. If the "mediaportal tv-server" uses the PMT do determine whether the stream is encrypted, than that is wrong.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Encryption Flag with webstreams #3 franzk

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 November 2014 - 22:28

thank you for this information erik. The developer of the mediaportal tv server is stating the following:

The "encrypted" flags in the ts packet header is cleared when it's decrypted and that is what important.

This statement is correct, but it really looks like openpli is not doing this, even though they say they are.

Do you by chance know of any software that is able to analyze the stream and is producing some logs or something that I can show to the developer of the tv-server?

Re: Encryption Flag with webstreams #4 franzk

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:07

ok ... me once again :)

I did the following: I saved the incoming stream with VLC and loaded it into MPEG-2 TS packet analyser. I attached the result for a FTA channel and a "scrambled" channel. You can take a look at the original streams here

fta: https://www.dropbox....vlc_fta.ts?dl=0

scrambled: https://www.dropbox....rambled.ts?dl=0

Looks like the FTA channel has "transport scrambling protocol" 0 and the scrambled channel is set to 3. Shouldn't they both be 0?

Attached Files

Re: Encryption Flag with webstreams #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2014 - 13:16

thank you for this information erik. The developer of the mediaportal tv server is stating the following:

The "encrypted" flags in the ts packet header is cleared when it's decrypted and that is what important.

This statement is correct, but it really looks like openpli is not doing this, even though they say they are.

Do you by chance know of any software that is able to analyze the stream and is producing some logs or something that I can show to the developer of the tv-server?

Yes you can check with dvbsnoop. I did it not so long ago, actually.

The decryption (well, actually descrambling...) is done in hardware and the hardware is also responsible for clearing the "scrambling" bits. I've seen a few stb's that don't do this correctly, at least VU+. Do you have a VU+ stb? It has nothing to do with either enigma2 or OpenPLi.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Encryption Flag with webstreams #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2014 - 13:19

ok ... me once again :)

I did the following: I saved the incoming stream with VLC and loaded it into MPEG-2 TS packet analyser. I attached the result for a FTA channel and a "scrambled" channel. You can take a look at the original streams here

fta: https://www.dropbox....vlc_fta.ts?dl=0

scrambled: https://www.dropbox....rambled.ts?dl=0

Looks like the FTA channel has "transport scrambling protocol" 0 and the scrambled channel is set to 3. Shouldn't they both be 0?

Scramble control bits = 0b11 means odd key in use for this packet. If no encryption (scrambling) is in place, it should be 0b00. This is one of the reasons why VU+ stb's cannot decode offline, because the descrambler cannot determine what packets are already descrambled.

Re: Encryption Flag with webstreams #7 franzk

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 November 2014 - 13:25

ok thank you ... I have a venton unibox hd eco+

In other words there is nothing that can be done but using a different receiver?  :o  :(

Re: Encryption Flag with webstreams #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2014 - 13:38

In that case you're actually not running OpenPLi at all.

Re: Encryption Flag with webstreams #9 franzk

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 28 November 2014 - 13:47

actually I am using this image: http://unibox.to/dow...0141111_usb.zip

it says openpli on my stb as well. So this is not a OpenPLI image then??  :o

Re: Encryption Flag with webstreams #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 28 November 2014 - 14:15

See on the front page of this website what stb's we maintain images for.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: encryption, stream, webstream, mediaportal

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users