Open PLi 4 HDMI CEC possible bug?

Open PLi 4 HDMI CEC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 smith

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 April 2015 - 13:32

I have a Panasonic TXL47ET60B television connected to a VU+ Duo2 and have switched on the HDMI CEC function which seems to work well in terms of turning both units on from a single button but there is a slight issue. When using the the "STB Power" button the TV always powers up in freeview mode rather than the STB source input despite setting the "Force Source" to "Yes", in fact changing this setting has no effect at all. Using the "TV Power" button is fine and the TV powers up in HMDI 1 which is the STB source and the other thing that is weird is that the TV has always powered up into the last using source and never powers up into Freeview by default?

Zgemma H9 Combo 4K, VU+ Duo2, Xtrend ET8500, DM800SE.

Re: Open PLi 4 HDMI CEC possible bug? #2 Maksyuha

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 April 2015 - 15:17

I helped this.

Re: Open PLi 4 HDMI CEC possible bug? #3 smith

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 April 2015 - 20:28

Thanks, that was an interesting read.

Re: Open PLi 4 HDMI CEC possible bug? #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2015 - 19:39

@smith,

Please specify which box you use, isn't it a Miraclebox?

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Open PLi 4 HDMI CEC possible bug? #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2015 - 19:50

Sorry, I saw that you have a VU+ in the text would be nice to set it in your signature.

Some tips:
- it is sometimes good to totally switch off the TV (when playing too much with HDMI-CEC setup) unplug cable and replug than power off again the TV.
- change the HDMI input method request to find the one that best fits your needs
- in the Panasonic TV setup you can also try to disable the automatic entry selection and let pure HDMI-CEC command to take effect.
- try another cable
- try another TV entry

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Open PLi 4 HDMI CEC possible bug? #6 smith

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:38

Rebooted and changed the lead, I also set the delay to 350ms and it does seem to be working fine now

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Open PLi 4, HDMI CEC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users