rytec epg vdr

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ludi

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 April 2015 - 22:54

Hi,

The rytec.be site says, that it is for VU+ DUO and VU Solo, DREAM MULTIMEDIA, AZBOX and KATHREIN. But I am wondering whether it would be allowed to use that EPG also on other open platforms. I am particularly thinking at the VDR (provided somebody would write a corresponding plugin to import the data).

Thus, could anybody tell me who to contact in order to ask about the permission to use the rytec EPG on VDR?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: About using Rytec EPG on VDR #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2015 - 09:58

If you followed other threads in this section, you understand we are a bit wary about this.

Seeing the Kodi problem.

We do not say no in advance, but we want to see the software before we grant a permit (and disclose the whereabouts of the XMLTV files)

Conditions at which the software should confirm too before access can be granted again:

The software may for example not contain continuous update checks (like every 5 minutes or so), it may only download once a day, it must not contain a retry loop, it should not download between 3 and 7 GMT, etc.

The XMLTV files are only updated once a day, so continuous checks on updates are not needed. They only cause an heavy load on the servers.
It should accept no for an answer, Not retrying continuously. At the moment there are 4 mirrors. If there is a negative answer from one mirror, you can try on the other mirrors, but leave the one which said no alone.
Between 3 and 7 GMT. the servers are updated. When there is heavy traffic going on, on these servers we are not even able to update the servers.
So one successful download a day should be sufficient. No more data is the gathered doing more downloads a day.
In case of emergency there is a manual update request allowed. (i.e. the users presses a button : Update XMLTV manually)

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: About using Rytec EPG on VDR #3 ludi

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 April 2015 - 11:22

If you followed other threads in this section, you understand we are a bit wary about this.

Seeing the Kodi problem.

We do not say no in advance, but we want to see the software before we grant a permit (and disclose the whereabouts of the XMLTV files)

Conditions at which the software should confirm too before access can be granted again:

Hi Willy,

First of all, thanks for your reply and thanks especially for being so forthcoming.

I saw the problems that you had about plugins hammering the servers, some servers stopping to mirror the EPG because of the heavy load it caused and you being forced to move the rytec sources. Thus, the conditions you state for using the rytec EPG make perfect sense to me.

There are a few plugins for the VDR to handle EPG Data, like the vdr-plugin-xmltv2vdr or the vdr-plugin-epgd. I hope that one of the authors will have to time to consider enhancing it with your rytec EPG, of course under your terms.

Thanks again for your reply providing a first starting point.

Cheers,

Ludi

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rytec, epg, vdr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users