←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Filtering the movie list – not all tags ar...

reg's Photo reg 11 Apr 2015

Hi!

When I filter the movielist, the list of tags I can filter the list with is incomplete. Only some of the tags automatically generated are listed, as well as some of the tags I added manually but not all are listed. 15 tags are displayed in total.

Anybody else noticed this?

reg's Photo reg 15 Apr 2015

I have found the "culprit" :) In lib/python/Components/MovieList.py:

if len(match) > 2: #Omit small words

All the missing tags were 2 characters long. I have modified this line accordinly and now all my tags are listed :D

Have a nice evening,

Edited by reg, 15 April 2015 - 18:45.

reg's Photo reg 16 Apr 2015

Hi guys,

It seems to me that this "Omit small words" check only makes sense for auto tags. In case you agree, you will find in attachment a tiny patch that only omits small auto tags, keeping real tags no matter how short they are:

-				if len(match) > 2: #Omit small words
+				if (len(match) > 2) or (match in realtags): #Omit small words, only for auto tags

Attached Files

Edited by reg, 16 April 2015 - 05:37.

littlesat's Photo littlesat 16 Apr 2015

Can you give a better explanation about what you mean with realtags....?

reg's Photo reg 16 Apr 2015

Realtags are found in the .meta files, as opposed to autotags which are retrieved from movie titles.
Therefore it makes sense to get rid of short autotags (to avoid things like "of", "on", "a", ...). Realtags, on the other hand, are added manually by the users, so IMO they should never be removed.

MiLo's Photo MiLo 18 Apr 2015

Looks okay to me, I'l merge it.

reg's Photo reg 22 Apr 2015

Hi!

I noticed something else. In some cases (namely, if a realtag occurs only once or if occurrences of a realtags have similar titles), movie titles are displayed instead of realtags in the tag list. It is caused by the "complete sentence in common" check, which starts at line 725 in MovieList.py.

I made another patch which fixes this (see attachment). What it does is that it treats realtags & autotags separately, and joints them at the end. I have been testing it during the two past days and did not see any issues.

Also, the patch I sent earlier is not required anymore.

Attached Files

littlesat's Photo littlesat 22 Apr 2015

pushed...