←  The Lounge

Forums

»

Erratic Transponder on 30w

ColinB's Photo ColinB 6 May 2015

Hi All,

to give you as much info upfront. I'm in West-London-UK

I have a multi-dish setup and I am having an intermitant issue with "1" transponder on 30w  (tp119) 123999H

This is a S2 TP on one of my fixed dishes. (60cm@30w) and with the possible exception of some bizarre radio  reception at the extreme ends, all other channels give a steady signal.

So My Question is ?

Is this a known problem, or do I have to get up the ladder to refocus my (30w) Dish/LNB ?

cheers Col

Pr2's Photo Pr2 7 May 2015

Hi,

Have you already tried to tune with a slightly different value: 123999 +/- 1 than test with +/- 2 etc... for exemple to see if signal is better.

I already point out that with some tuner/LNB we sometimes have a better result if we slightly change the "official" reference value.

Pr2

ColinB's Photo ColinB 7 May 2015

Hi,

Have you already tried to tune with a slightly different value: 123999 +/- 1 than test with +/- 2 etc... for exemple to see if signal is better.

I already point out that with some tuner/LNB we sometimes have a better result if we slightly change the "official" reference value.

Pr2

TBH, I'm a little rusty on the manual tuning side ;)

I downloaded/installed a fresh satellites.xml & rescaned.

I use "DB-Edit 6.0.1.2"  and looking at the scanned details I couldn't find any obvious difference from what I had before & the new scan.

Now, the main reason for posting here is that dish, installed by TV-Cabo (Portuguese Provider now NOS) more than 10 years ago, is way up at the apex of our house, 8m up a ladder. So I would like to avoiod that journey if possible.

If I do need to adjust the Dish or Lnb (Focal or Scew) so be it.

I Just find that it's weird that a Premium TP is a little flakey (The Bird is getting on a Bit)

Cheers Col

ColinB's Photo ColinB 7 May 2015

OOOOps

What I failed to mention is that this Transponder drops it's signal from a reasonable 12db (OSD) to zero