Recordings freezes under playback

Duo2 Freezes NAS playback

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 H2SO4JB

• 145 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 June 2015 - 21:39

I have two VU+ DUO2 and one Synology NAS. No internal HDD in none of them. I updates OpenPLi 3-4 times a year in both boxes. All three devices worked perfectly together for over a year.

The past month I had problems with playback of my own recordings. Several times during the playback the image "freezes", and the box needs to "think" for a while. Usually about one minute. Then the playback starts again. The circle up in the corner spinning the meantime the box is "thinking".

The error occurs in both boxes when I playback recordings, so I discard a hardware failure. I'm not sure if the fault is due to OpenPLi or my NAS.

Is there anyone here who knows what the error might be?

2 x Vu+ Duo2

Re: Recordings freezes under playback #2 metoo

• 1,573 posts

+33
Good

Posted 3 June 2015 - 10:10

VU boxes need a new flash after 21-3 due to very big changes, a update is not enough.

you can use autobackup  for your settings with autoinstall enabled for  your plugins if those plugins coming from the pli feed

Edited by metoo, 3 June 2015 - 10:14.

ET10000 C C C C/T  2TB HDD ET7000 + ET6000 dvb-S  OpenPli Triax 88 multifeed quad LNBs VU Uno4K SE C+2TB HDD Mutant HD60

Re: Recordings freezes under playback #3 H2SO4JB

• 145 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 June 2015 - 10:53

VU boxes need a new flash after 21-3 due to very big changes, a update is not enough.

you can use autobackup  for your settings with autoinstall enabled for  your plugins if those plugins coming from the pli feed

Thanks!

Is it a new Bootloader you mean, or is it sufficient that I download the latest image, and flashes my boxes?

2 x Vu+ Duo2

Re: Recordings freezes under playback #4 janejak

• 284 posts

+11
Neutral

Posted 3 June 2015 - 11:22

take first backup of ur settings and then download newest images and instal it, then restore settingsbackup then u have all channel and ur custom settings back

Re: Recordings freezes under playback #5 H2SO4JB

• 145 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 June 2015 - 11:27

take first backup of ur settings and then download newest images and instal it, then restore settingsbackup then u have all channel and ur custom settings back

Ok, thanks.

I test this some day. I will return if the fault persists.

2 x Vu+ Duo2

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Duo2, Freezes, NAS, playback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users