Photo

vu+ zero local streaming via Openwebif or XBMC (vu+ enigma2)

vu+ zero xbmc openwebif streaming enigma2

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jimcarrey

• 30 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 1 July 2015 - 15:25

Hi all,

New comer to vu+ & OpenPLi, I'm usually pretty offey with technical things coming from an IT background but this is a little beyond me!

I recently purchased a vu+ zero that is all set up nicely, I have even installed a nice Sky+ skin that looks amazing, pretty much the next best thing.

anyway, my problem lies with streaming locally, One of the main reasons I purchased the vu+ was the ability to stream to my android tv box (in my bedroom) within XBMC (vu+ / enigma2 plugin) but unfortunately this just won’t stream.

I know what you’re going to say, this isn’t the place for xbmc related quires but I have tried this on a few different installs of xbmc with no avail so though I would try to stream via my laptop using Openwebif but its doesn’t seem to work on their either via VLC, hence this has me believing something locally on the vu+ zero isn’t config'd right.

I can change channels and see the EPG etc just nothing happens when trying to stream, can anybody help?

Let me know if you need any more info.

thanks in advance.

Dave....

Re: vu+ zero local streaming via Openwebif or XBMC (vu+ enigma2) #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 1 July 2015 - 18:25

The vu+ zero doesn't have the ability or record or stream, it is sold without that functionality, so your supplier hasn't informed you properly.

You can hack your way in by installing the "Pau" extension that is in the plugin list.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: vu+ zero local streaming via Openwebif or XBMC (vu+ enigma2) #3 jimcarrey

• 30 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 1 July 2015 - 21:54

The vu+ zero doesn't have the ability or record or stream, it is sold without that functionality, so your supplier hasn't informed you properly.

You can hack your way in by installing the "Pau" extension that is in the plugin list.

Thanks for the response WanWizard, My supplier didn't tell me anything, I just assumed as I had read about other vu+ products and heard that the zero was very much the same, just cut down.

Anyway I have managed to resolve this from another user post;

http://forums.openpl...o/#ipboard_body

Just in case anyone else has this issue and wants to know how to install, you simply install the enigma2-plugin-extensions-pau via Menu - Plugins - Green Button - Extensions - pau

Happy days, Now I have a full android media box in my bedroom, no need to run any cables :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vu+ zero, xbmc, openwebif, streaming, enigma2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users