• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 November 2015 - 09:49

hello,

I have a problem with the current timers sanity check logic. In some cases I cannot add a new recording while there is a tuner available. I've just had a new case and I've taken some screenshots to show my case.

I currently have 4 timers running :

Attached File  conflict1.jpg   91.24KB   3 downloads

at the moment I'm watching the CT2 channel, which is located on the same transponder as CT1, on which a recording is active. When I want to add an "instant recording", I get the message that I cannot add a recording due to a timer conflict :

Attached File  conflict3.jpg   56.43KB   3 downloads

when I try to add the recording using the timer menu, I get a conflict on the 4 running timers :

Attached File  conflict2.jpg   38.31KB   3 downloads

as the first new timer will only start at 11:51, and as the new recording is on the same transponder as CT1, and as I'm actually watching the CT2 channel, there should be no reason at all to refuse this new instant recording. so why is the timers sanity check giving a wrong answer ? I am currently completely unable to add any new recording !

Edited by jeanclaude, 2 November 2015 - 09:50.

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 11:00

Yes, this is known problem, you're not seeing ghosts ;)

There are a few considerations though:

- timers tend to have a "pre-roll" and "extension" time (time to record before the actual timer and after), configured in the global settings

- tuners that are going to record, are unavailabled from one minute before their actual starting time

- and sometimes the conflict detections just loses track of all tuners, timers, recordings, streaming, etc and in that case there is nothing you can do.

Wel actually you can, from last week there is an extra option "disable timer conflict detection".

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #3 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 November 2015 - 11:20

good - at least the problem is known.

where can I find this "extra option" ?

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #4 jort38

• 644 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 2 November 2015 - 11:42

Menu - applications - autotimer. Press Menu

Vu+ Ultimo 4K (4 TB HD, DVBS FSB, DVBC FBC & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (1 DVBS works via ethernet & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (DVBT2 & OpenPli 9, located in Thailand). Only latest stable releases.

Xtrend ET10000 (works via ethernet & OpenPli 9) and

Xtrend ET8000 (1 TB HD, 1 DVBT2 & works via ethernet & OpenPli 9)

Re: problem with timer sanity check #5 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 11:53

jeanclaude

CT 2 11766 V

CT 1 11727 V

or

12687V

If the second then I'll check it out.

Edited by Dimitrij, 2 November 2015 - 11:59.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: problem with timer sanity check #6 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 November 2015 - 11:53

I'm NOT talking about autotimer here ! I'm talking about a manual recording ..........

besides, disabeling the timer conflict detection in autotimer will make things only much worse : autotimer will then create active recordings and some will fail and you will only know this when it's too late !

i want autotimer to check for conflicts and create disabled timers for all conflicting recordings. I'm checking this "disabled" list regulary and I'll make the necesary adjustments to have the recordings that I want as active. This can be easily done by activating the disabled timer and then by resolving the conflict by de-activating other less important timers.

this is working like a charm - why would anyone want to create a set of faulty timers by de-activating the timer conflict logic is an enigma to me (yes, I know, you're hoping that the fallback tuner will pik up the recording, but there's no guarantee whatsoever that this fall-back tuner will be free at the time of the recorder conflict).

but this is not my problem - I want to create a direct recording and the timer conflict logic says that I can't whereas I know that it's possible.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #7 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 November 2015 - 11:57

CT1 11727

CT2 11766

...... indeed ....... so I'm mistaken, they're not on teh same transponder..... but I was watching CT2 so there was a tuner available and no new recording was planned for another 2 hours.

so the timer conflict logic was still wrong.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #8 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 12:07

CT1 11727

CT2 11766

...... indeed ....... so I'm mistaken, they're not on teh same transponder..... but I was watching CT2 so there was a tuner available and no new recording was planned for another 2 hours.

so the timer conflict logic was still wrong.

Please re-check everything carefully.
If there is an error, I will try to fix it.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #9 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 12:19

and see conflict3.jpg 9:30-11:33

same time used CT2 for recording

Re: problem with timer sanity check #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 12:22

Menu - applications - autotimer. Press Menu

No. Menu -> settings -> system -> customise. Just after the fallback tuner config.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #11 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 November 2015 - 12:34

and see conflict3.jpg 9:30-11:33

same time used CT2 for recording

well, I have 4 tuners in my db8000

recording 1 & 2 were set to Syfy on 23.5E

recording 3 was for 3.0E

recording 4 was set to CT1 on 0.8W

so 3 tuners are actively used

I was watching CT2 also on 0.8W so this uses the 4th tuner, as CT1 and CT2 are not on the same transponder

first new recording was at 11:51 on Syfy 23.5E, at which point all active recordings would have finished

but as I was setting a recording from 9:31 until 11:33 (indeed same as CT1) this should not have been a problem ........

Re: problem with timer sanity check #12 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 November 2015 - 12:40

No. Menu -> settings -> system -> customise. Just after the fallback tuner config.

Ok, have found it, but I need the timer conflict logic when I'm checking the "disabled timers" set by the autotimer plugin.

otherwise this will simply activate the timer, without resolving any conflicts, and the timer will in that case probably fail at the monent of the recording, so that's not what I want

but given the fact that this timer conflict with a direct recording is rather rare, if it occurs again I could deactivate the timers conflict logic, start the recording, and then activate the timers conflict logic again.

not a friendly solution, but at least one that works.

thanx.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 13:39

The problem is that the conflict detection has become complex in a way that nobody still understands how it exactly works. To get it working correctly, the whole thing should be re-written. Problem is that the code is throughout the whole source code of enigma. So nobody want's to touch it (or risk all kinds of things break).

Re: problem with timer sanity check #14 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 14:08

I was watching watching CT2 also on 0.8W so this uses the 4th tuner, as CT1 and CT2 are not on the same transponder

first new recording was at 11:51 on Syfy 23.5E, at which point all active recordings would have finished

but as I was setting a recording from 9:31 until 11:33 (indeed same as CT1) this should not have been a problem ........

It's not easy watching  CT2, and this recording CT2.

This means that the tuner 4 is busy at the time on recording.

How can you add another recording in this tuner at the same time, and on a different frequency if the tuner is not available?

Give your tuners configuration.

Edited by Dimitrij, 2 November 2015 - 14:08.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #15 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 November 2015 - 15:58

Dimitrij,

I tried to add a direct recording on the CT2 channel I was currently watching. I didn't want to add a recording on a different CT2 channel - so same frequency, and forget CT1 as this was recording using another tuner.

the tuner was free as I could watch the channel, but enigma refused to add a direct recording saying that there was some timer conflict, which cannot be true.

as for my tuner configuration : I have 4 tuners, each with their own LNB. (to be more precise : 3 tuners go to a fixed multifocal disk with LBN's set on 0.8W, 7E, 13E, 19E, 23.5E and 28E and the 4th tuner is linked to a steerable dish)

Re: problem with timer sanity check #16 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 17:14

jeanclaude

Again...
Your current live tv is CT2 and not add instant recording because of timer conflict?

If yes, please  simulates a situation again.

And please your timer.xml

cat /etc/enigma2/timer.xml

Edited by Dimitrij, 2 November 2015 - 17:16.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #17 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 17:53

see conflict1.jpg

well, I have 4 tuners in my db8000

recording 3 was for 3.0E

recording 4 was set to CT1 on 0.8W

so 3 tuners are actively used

maybe use tuners 1 and 2 for Syfy on 23.5E?

Total four tuner to use, or am I mistaken?

Re: problem with timer sanity check #18 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 2 November 2015 - 18:09

OK, I was able to recreate what's happening - I have set the following timers currently running :

Attached File  conflict21.jpg   88.5KB   1 downloads

I'm currently watching CT1 with 3 tunesr used, tuner B is still available :

Attached File  conflict23.jpg   32.08KB   1 downloads

I'm now switching to CT2 - tuner B is now activated :

Attached File  conflict22.jpg   46.66KB   1 downloads

I want to set a direct recording, using the red button on the remote, and I select a recording duration of 20 minutes. This triggers the timer conflict popup :

Attached File  conflict20.jpg   33.86KB   1 downloads

so I can watch CT2, but I cannot set any recording on it. This makes no sense as you should always be able to record a channel you're watching (until a new timer recording comes us and forces the tuner to switch channels, but this is not the case here as the first new timer is set for 20:21 only).

as requested, here is my timerlist :

Attached File  timers.xml   169.3KB   2 downloads

hope you can figure this one out ........

Re: problem with timer sanity check #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 18:13

Strange is that it says it conflicts with "Relic Hunter", which is a timer on SyFy 23.5.

What happens if you don't use the red button for an instant recording, but add a timer to start immediately. Does that work?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: problem with timer sanity check #20 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,967 posts

+335
Excellent

Posted 2 November 2015 - 18:18

I do see an error.
But I can not reproduce it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users