←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Unable to Install OpenPLI over OpenVIX on...

DarkNet's Photo DarkNet 19 Nov 2015

I have a VU+ Solo2 box on which OpenVIX is installed. I copied the latest OpenPLI image on a USb key and install the image on the box. When I power on the box the usb is accessed but the image is not getting installed. It just start the box using OpenVIX. 

Any way to install OpenPLI on a box with OpenVIX?

40H3X's Photo 40H3X 19 Nov 2015

Did you do the following:

-Download the VU+ Solo2 image you want to install on your PC.

-Unzip to a USB stick there should be /vuplus/solo2 with 4 files inside

-Turn off the VU+ Solo2 on the back

-Insert the USB stick on the front of the Solo2

-Turn on the VU+ Solo2

-Follow the messages on the front display of the Solo2.

-Touch sensitive standby button to update

-The Solo2 installs the image from the usb and reboots.

Edited by 40H3X, 19 November 2015 - 13:06.

Pr2's Photo Pr2 19 Nov 2015

Be careful that OpenVIX change the bootlogo during flash while OpenPLi doesn't so after installing OpenPLi you won't get a OpenPLi splash screen you will still have your old image splash screen. But when OpenPLi image will start you will see it.

I am not getting any messages on the front display of the Solo2. It is booting OpenVIX. USB drive is getting accessed when I try to boot from the USB. Apart from the Vuplus folder I could now see two folders timeshift, movie on the USB drive.

littlesat's Photo littlesat 19 Nov 2015

Rename (or remove) the /hdd/backup directory.... configs between openVix and openPLi could be "brake" stuff....

There is no /hdd/backup folder. in the HDD folder there is a sub folder called timeshift !

Tony il Capo's Photo Tony il Capo 19 Nov 2015

I am not getting any messages on the front display of the Solo2. It is booting OpenVIX. USB drive is getting accessed when I try to boot from the USB.

If the image is not getting installed as I understand you should try to format again (FAT32) the flash drive, put the image (vuplus folder), diconnect other usb devices and try again.

I would try to format usb drive using HPFormatTool (search it), because before I started to use this, I was having tons of problems that stbs wouldn't start flash process. This both in my old stb and Duo2, not sure why...