←  The Lounge

Forums

»

No reception of 4K channels on Samsung UHD TV

jeandubois's Photo jeandubois 29 Mar 2016

I recently got a Samsung UHD (4K) TV. As there are some free-to-air 4k-transmissions on astra 19.2E I tried whether I could receive those with it. Unfortunately non of the 4K-channels

works. I'm not the only one having this problem as I saw the same problem in TECTIME-TV   (), Unfortunately the solution given by

Dr. Dish (scanning with Network Search Enabled) doesn't work. I also contacted Samsung but until now they don't seem to have a clue. I think there is something wrong with the transponderlist in the TV and/or Samsung's firmware isn't ready yet to receive 4K satellite channels. Maybe someone here has more info concerning this?

kind regards,

jean  

Robinson's Photo Robinson 29 Mar 2016

Does this Samsung have a built-in 4K-capable tuner?

Edited by Robinson, 29 March 2016 - 19:09.

jeandubois's Photo jeandubois 29 Mar 2016

That's what I start to wonder about too? Selling a 4K-TV with a Sat-tuner which is not 4K-capable doesn't seem "logical", but you never know; I'll try to find out.

kind regards,

jean

jeandubois's Photo jeandubois 31 Mar 2016

That's what I start to wonder about too? Selling a 4K-TV with a Sat-tuner which is not 4K-capable doesn't seem "logical", but you never know; I'll try to find out.

kind regards,

jean

After having a UK-support guy telling me the tuner was not 4k-capable. I figured out the tuner is 4K-capable, unfortunately the unicable-option is not available.

kind regards,

jean 

digicon's Photo digicon 3 Apr 2016

What model is the Samsung as i have had the Astra UHD 4K test channel on 28.2° east working on both a 55" 7500 model and an 8500 model both from 2015 with the built in satellite tuners.

A satellite tuner does not have to be so called 4K compatible and i am flabbergasted that a samsung UK Tech person would tell you this, The tuner just picks up the signal its up to the TV to do the rest.

What you will find is on a UK TV set is the satellite side is preset for freesat and you have to put this into manual mode and store the frequency required for the channels you want

DaMacFunkin's Photo DaMacFunkin 5 Apr 2016

To get the astra demo channel on my Samsung 4k tv i had to add a custom transponder in the satellite tuning section.