←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Vuduo sluggish for around 2 weeks

dog-man's Photo dog-man 30 Mar 2016

Since doing an update about 2 weeks ago on my vuduo, the receiver has been very slow and sluggish when doing anything.

I get lots of wheel spinning and it can take 30 seconds or more sometimes just to do anything.

I am the only one having this issue?

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 30 Mar 2016

It you have the wheel spinning, it means the main reactor is busy. This happens if a process doesn't release control quick enough, and could happen due to a program issue, or the fact that is has to wait for an external event.

For example, if you have some process that accesses the disk, or a NAS over the network, and the disk(s) are sleeping, that process has to wait until the disks are spinning again. While waiting the spinner appears and the box is unresponsive. An other likely candidate is the autotimer, if it has to check existing recording for duplicates, so it needs to read a lot of files.

So you need to figure out what it is. When does it spin, how often does it spin, it it regular or random, etc.

If you know your way around telnet, you can also connect to the box, stop Enigma using "init 4", and then start Enigma again on the commandline using "/usr/bin/enigma2.sh". This will output all Enigma log, so you can see what it happening when you see "mainloop is busy, displaying spinner!" in the logs.

jort38's Photo jort38 30 Mar 2016

Since doing an update about 2 weeks ago on my vuduo, the receiver has been very slow and sluggish when doing anything.

I get lots of wheel spinning and it can take 30 seconds or more sometimes just to do anything.

I am the only one having this issue?

Not the only one, but I have no real answer. My thoughts are related to memory (or lack thereof). It happens mostly when importing the EPG  (I use Rytec). The import starts with steps of about 200 and after about 100000 lines it drops to 1 or 2. I have flashed the Vu+ Duo and even flashed Vanilla (no extensions) with only a temporary effect.

I have now replaced the machine with the ET8000.

I have now tracked down the culprit that was slowing down the receiver.

It was 'oscam'.

The receiver is now back to normal, but I do agree that the old vuduo+ struggles with current images and only just manages to operate to an acceptable level.

I think I will be upgrading soon to a newer box. Perhaps the Solo 4k.

Oscam isn't really known for using a lot of power. Maybe you are not using the version from the feed, or have "external" connections it has to wait for? Loading a large oscam.srvid file can also slow things down.

I will look further when I have more time. The box is much more responsive now and that is the important thing.

I have been playing around with using cccam via oscam and it is something to do with that. It works fine but seems to slow down the box.

It may have to do with network connection issues, waiting for timeouts, that sort of thing...