←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

boot screen

's foto stevie1981 23 mei 2016

Hi there,

I have just reflashed my zgemma h1 box with the latest openpli image available but when it boot's up it still shows the old openvix boot logo.

This is my 1st attempt at using openpli is this normal? do I have to change the boot logo manually or did I not flash it correctly? 

Citeren

's foto WanWizard 23 mei 2016

Yes.

The "spash screen" is the manufacturers logo, and we feel you should not touch that. The ""boot logo" is the one that comes next, in our case the "stream through the trees" image.

Other image builds seem to feel they are so important that they need two different logo's to advertise their greatness, with confused and some angry users (like yourself) as a result.

It might help to flash the original manufacturers image first, and see if that restores it.

Citeren

's foto stevie1981 23 mei 2016

ah ok, thank you.

Citeren

's foto Pr2 23 mei 2016

Hi,

Just a suggestion, in the OpenPLi github (or in the wiki) why not create a section to provide the official splash.bin properly packed with the right folders structure for the different manufacturer and models.

So people can download it and just reflash the official splash screen.

This is a recurring question on the forum and I think that we can provide a way to fix it.

Pr2

Citeren

's foto WanWizard 23 mei 2016

Sounds like a plan. Given the fact you now know how to update wiki pages... :P

Citeren

's foto Blacksimon 23 mei 2016

and what would be the official splash.bin? There is not and so I have created my own

Citeren

's foto Frenske 23 mei 2016

As I did too.

Bijgevoegde Bestanden

Citeren

's foto Tech 1 dec 2018

As I did too.

Also added to our wiki :)

Citeren

's foto gugunar 10 apr 2020

Hello, How to replace splah screen OPEN ATV  on zgemma h9twin .? I flash image with Open PLi but still show logo OPEN ATV. Pls help me...

Veranderd door gugunar, 10 april 2020 - 10:44
Citeren