Photo

Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E)

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#1 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:39

LraiZer has written (and partially borrowed) a little utitlty which can read the OpenTV EPG from 28.2E (and 13 E) and save this data in "radiotimes style" data files.

Very interesting, but it could be more usefull if this can be made into a plug-in for enigma2 to import the EPG, by combining this with the XMLTV plug-in.

- Either as a stand-alone which produces XMLTV files, which XMLTV import can import.

- Or really combine this plug-in with XMLTVimport, and put the results directly into enigma2.

- Or make stand-alone plugin which reads this data from the sat, and directly put the data into enigma.

The work of LraiZer can be found here:

https://github.com/L...esXmltvEmulator

I am not a programmer, so I cannot coöperate in this manner.  But can somebody combine his efforts with Lraizer to achieve this?

Willy

PS:  If somebody remarks:  but crossepg does all this already.  Yes it does, but crossepg is not developped anymore, besides it is pain in the .... to use.

Edited by doglover, 20 June 2016 - 09:39.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:28

It needs to be added as an EPG reader to Enigma, like all others (MHW, Freesat, etc), not as a plugin. We know the code exists but nobody has picked it up until now.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #3 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 20 June 2016 - 12:49

It needs to be added as an EPG reader to Enigma, like all others (MHW, Freesat, etc), not as a plugin. We know the code exists but nobody has picked it up until now.

That is also a possibility, yes.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #4 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:42

This is the output it generates. The .dat files are based on their EPG/Channel ID.
I also attach a file for you to cross reference the IDs with names/service reference.

Is the output useful?

Attached Files

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #5 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:27

@ Willy:
Although I fully second the idea of embedding an Open-TV reader in E2 (I even asked several times for it), Cross is still being maintained (although not by the original author) and it works flawless. I use it on a daily basis and never have any issues with it.

Edited by Rob van der Does, 22 June 2016 - 06:29.

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #6 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:29

The output is the format as it was published on the radiotimes website.

In a sort of way this is usefull.  I can use this data to grab the EPG for th UK, and publish it in XMLTV format.

However if you have the service ref (and the EPG) it should be possible to push this EPG directly into enigma.  I think that is what we should aim for.

Preferably built into enigma as an extra EPG reader besides EIT, MHW, Freesat, etc

If not possible as a plug-in.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #7 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2016 - 06:35

@ Willy:
Although I fully second the idea of embedding an Open-TV reader in E2 (I even asked several times for it), Cross is still being maintained (although not by the original author) and it works flawless. I use it on a daily basis and never have any issues with it.

Shortcomings of Crossepg:

- During import, an ugly screen is present on the OSD

- During import the receiver cannot be used.  You can continue watching what is on the screen, but you cannot ZAP.  An import can take up to 20 minutes.

- Crossepg does not support the Namespace of the service ref.  Several cable channels have the same service ref as some sat channels (but a different channel is broadcasted) except for the Namespace parameter.  Result: wrong epg imported.

It is possible that you are not bothered or do not have problems with the above.  Giving support on this forum here, I came accross many complaints about the missing Namespace support.  And each time I have to explain this.  (Although it is explained in the FAQ's)

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #8 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:17

ad 1: ugly screen is a matter of skinning (as I did in my skins)

ad 2: The advised method is to use it automated at night time (or any other time the box isn't being used for life-TV). Importing of Open-TV from both 28.2E & 13E takes only a short time here (never clocked it though), so I have no idea why it would take yours so long?

ad 3: I'm not aware of such an issue (and I have no cable/terrestrial services). I'll do my best to inform the maintainers.

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #9 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2016 - 07:46

Rob,

If you only use Crossepg for import of the Open-TV EPG the errors with the namespace would not be present.

It is only when you import the XMLTV files.

But users who installed Crossepg for reading the Open-TV EPG use Crossepg also for importing XMLTV files so.... (You may not but most users of CrossEPG do)

And you do not need to have any cable or terrestrial services to experience the problems.  In the channels file both are present.

In order to sort of solve this problem, I maintain (at least they are crreated automatically each day) a set of channels files which list only sat channels and only DVB-T/DVB-C channels.

rytec.channels.xml-sat.gz

rytec.channels.xml-cable.gz

instead of the normal:  rytec.channels.xml.gz file

You can replace the normal channels file with these in the configuration.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #10 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:05

Ah, OK, so that confirms what I always said: Cross is for Open-TV, XMLTV-import is for the dedicated EPG-importer.

In the past I've done my best to delete the importer from Cross, but that's a battle I lost (people seem to think using only one plugin is the better option, and are probably not aware of any issues involved).

So my setup is:

1- Cross for Open-TV (28.2E & 13E)

2- EPG-import for a number of packages

3- EPG-refresh for a number of services I sometimes watch and that have EIT.

And I make sure they don't run at the same time.

So for me this covers it all; but that is not related to the far better potential option to embed an Open-TV reader in E2, which was your actual topic.

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #11 Robinson

• 2,613 posts

+30
Good

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:06

So my setup is:

1- Cross for Open-TV (28.2E & 13E)

2- EPG-import for a number of packages

3- EPG-refresh for a number of services I sometimes watch and that have EIT.

Rob, are you using OpenPLi? I think there are at least 2 different versions of CrossEPG, so which is the correct version for OpenPLi (in my case on ET9000)?

Does it wake up the box from standby? I hope not.

As for EPG Refresh, are you using it from OpenPLi feed? Can EPG Refresh be used for only a couple of selected channels? I uinderstand the plugin wakes the box up from standby and zaps to a channel but I think all EIT is grabbed so it probably overwrites some of the EPG from EPG Import, no? Or can it be limited to certain service references only?

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #12 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2016 - 10:49

1- I only use Cross on my box running OpenViX. Last time I ran it on PLi it failed.

2- Not sure; I use a wake-uyp timer before doin the imports.

3- EPG-refresh only  goes to services you have set in the setup of the plugin. e.g. I do not use XMLTV-import for Dutch, Belgian & French services, bur I use EPG-refresh set to NPO1, éénHD, BVN TV & TV5Monde Europe.

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #13 Robinson

• 2,613 posts

+30
Good

Posted 22 June 2016 - 21:09

1- I only use Cross on my box running OpenViX. Last time I ran it on PLi it failed.

3- EPG-refresh only  goes to services you have set in the setup of the plugin. e.g. I do not use XMLTV-import for Dutch, Belgian & French services, bur I use EPG-refresh set to NPO1, éénHD, BVN TV & TV5Monde Europe.

1) OK, then there is still a possibility it does not work correctly on OpenPLi.

3) So EPG Refresh zaps to several channels but populates the whole package(s), not just these channels. I see. Therefore it would not be a solution for me - I would just like to have EIT for a few channels which are not available on the internet while all the other channels from the same package would still use Rytec.

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #14 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:07

Let's not turn this into a thread about CrossEPG downloader. PLi uses the E2 open version, it is not maintained. There are even pull requests pending that are almost 4 years old. There is even one from Doglover. If you use the OpenTV option for 13/28.2, it has to download from the satellite so a tuner is used. If there is no free tuner, you will get a blackout. That process is very quick. Maybe someone should try using  the OE-A version and try it. It works fine on SH4, mips and arm receivers. A myth has grown that it should be done at 04:30. Sky's receivers are in deep standby until 06:00 when not in use. Bets to do any time it suits you.

Here is a video demonstrating it. Actual process is less than a minute, the progress bar etc can be skinned.

Until Lraizer and anyone who wises to join in completes the task at hand, maybe someone can strip the internet based stuff out of a fork of the OE-A one? It is very difficult to remove work someone has taken a long time to do, especially when he is the senior coder on your image. If others do it on their fork, that is up to them.

@Robinson,
EPG refresh plugin is just a zapping plugin, a very good one at that. I like the fake recording feature. The inbuilt EPG readers in E2 do the EPG acquisition.

Back on topic... Lets stay on topic and exchange ideas collabortaively please. We don't have to agree. But lets work to a common goal. The three have already been listed above

The service references/IDs were obtained by another means. Sorry if I confused issue and led others to believe they were part of output.

The EPG/chanenl ID is involved in the process. E2 needs to be able to natively see this. Perhaps add the orbital position as a prefix? ONID may be better because the Orbital position is a contentious issue too.

Here is an old thread
http://openpli.org/f...ds/#entry282504

I'm guessing PLiExtrainfo needs to be modified. If it results in something beneficial, well and good. If it does not and just sits there, so be it. There are other OpenTV EPG providers that nobody has looked at. I am not a coder, so cannot do it. We have to find someone who can and is motivated to do so. So far the objections are: EPG Importer/Cross EPG does the job anyway. You have to tune to a specified TP to get more than a few hours EPG. What is the point when we have means to get the EPG anyway?

I am attaching Lraizer's current mips file, it is a Work in Progress. You can build from GiT if you want.

Transfer the providers folder and radiotimes_emulator to /tmp directory
radiotimes_emulator must have 755 properties
Tune to a service (IEPG data 1, EPG background radio, ETBG) on the EPG frequency (11778 27500 V  2/3 for 28.2).

Following will create the output in tmp directory. Do not do so if you have limited memory on your receiver  

/tmp/radiotimes_emulator

If you want to specify a destination

/tmp/radiotimes_emulator -d /hdd/282e_epg

For 13e
Tune to a service (iepg data, national geo) on the epg frequency (11881 27500 v 3/4)

/tmp/radiotimes_emulator -p skyit_hotbird_13.0

Attached Files

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 23 June 2016 - 03:07.

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #15 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:11

1) OK, then there is still a possibility it does not work correctly on OpenPLi.

3) So EPG Refresh zaps to several channels but populates the whole package(s), not just these channels. I see. Therefore it would not be a solution for me - I would just like to have EIT for a few channels which are not available on the internet while all the other channels from the same package would still use Rytec.

3) That depends on the provider. Some only transmit the EPG for the service that the box is tuned to, some provide all their EPG-data on all their transponders.

Let's not turn this into a thread about CrossEPG downloader. PLi uses the E2 open version, it is not maintained. 

PLi has Cross 0.8.1-r0 on the feeds. AFAIK this is the OE-A version, and that's the one I was talking about when I said it didn't work on PLi the last time I tried (which is a while back).

Anyway: just tried it again on actual PLi and (Open-TV download) doesn't work.

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #16 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 24 June 2016 - 16:57

PLi has Cross 0.8.1-r0 on the feeds. AFAIK this is the OE-A version, and that's the one I was talking about when I said it didn't work on PLi the last time I tried (which is a while back)

I am reluctant to continue discussing crossepg in this thread. However....
The above quote cannot be correct Rob.

The OE-A version needs the branding module. This is used to determine the receiver type. (It can be edited out just like Andy did with ABM)
For testing purposes, you can place the boxbranding.so in /usr/lib/enigma2/python It must have been compiled using the same version of libc used in PLI

The OE-A version is compiled using libcurl.so.4.4.0. PLi uses libcurl.so.5.3.0 This is in the compilation process, not in the plugin itself.
You can get it to work using a symlink "libcurl.so.4 > libcurl.so.5.3.0", there is already one for "libcurl.so.5 > libcurl.so.5.3.0"

As said previously, it needs to be forked/edited. It could be built for PLI for those who want it.

Here is a divx video of it working.

Can we please leave this thread for its intended purpose and continue in another thread for CrossEPG issues (if required).

Attached Files

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 24 June 2016 - 17:03

If someone can use the code to implement an OpenTV reader in enigma, this entire discussion is academic.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #18 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 19 January 2018 - 14:15

There is also LraiZer's reader. Completely built from source.

Where is that one located?
Does any image have it build-in or available as plugin?

Here Rob

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #19 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 19 January 2018 - 14:18

If someone can use the code to implement an OpenTV reader in enigma, this entire discussion is academic.

Agreed again

They have done it at TVHeadend
https://github.com/t...ter/src/epggrab

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #20 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 19 January 2018 - 16:14

It is on my todo list. As a SKY UK user I have a vested interest in it. ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users