now its 4 tp my receiver not scanning channels all tps have 80 s% snr
TP (04) signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services

11483 H SR 44995 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
11546 V SR 44995 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSKAll 
11546 H SR 44995 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK
11672 H SR 44995 FEC 2/3 DVB-S2 8PSK

i have installed dvb snoop can it be used to find cause of this issue
and all other tps scanning perfectly.
and other tps also 44000 plus samble rate..
Tuner is AVL 6222.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #2 mimisiku

• 5,458 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 4 October 2016 - 04:35

That's a satellite we cannot receive in Europe.. Most tuners end at 45.000 Msym so you are really on the edge... Since others with same Msym rate CAN be locked you might want to check out your LNB and possibly the settings. LOF set OK?

Are you sure the 2 middle entries are correct? I have never seen a satellite using the same frequency for both H and V polarisation...

Edited by mimisiku, 4 October 2016 - 04:36.

Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #3 amila4341

• 69 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 October 2016 - 04:52

That's a satellite we cannot receive in Europe.. Most tuners end at 45.000 Msym so you are really on the edge... Since others with same Msym rate CAN be locked you might want to check out your LNB and possibly the settings. LOF set OK?

Are you sure the 2 middle entries are correct? I have never seen a satellite using the same frequency for both H and V polarisation...

yes both horizontal and vertical transponders used same frequency

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #4 amila4341

• 69 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 October 2016 - 04:58

yes both horizontal and vertical transponders used same frequency

LOF = Universal LNB

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #5 amila4341

• 69 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 October 2016 - 06:19

hello
i did some experiment with lamedb.i got lamedb file from my friends vu+ zero which scan all transponders and store all channels and merge with my lamedb.now when i switch to those channels my duo2 couldn't scan ,there is signal but after some little while no data on transponder timeout reading pat appear could you suggest remady

Edited by amila4341, 4 October 2016 - 06:21.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #6 amila4341

• 69 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2016 - 06:31

no data on transponder timeout reading pat

why this message?

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2016 - 10:36

This is typically the message that you get when you cannot receive properly a given TP (transponder).

If your provider use both V and H on the same frequency I guess the conter polarization of your LNB is really important and needs to be very good (the rotation of the LNB inside its support).

http://www.trackdish...l-rate-details/

But if you google with "VU+ problem with high symbol rate"  you will see that it is a well-known issue with VU+ product...

Exemple:

http://www.world-of-...hp/t-50769.html

So OpenPLi is not to blame, report the issue to VU+ and tell us if you get any answer from them, if so you should purchase a "Lotery ticket" because you will be in a very good day.   :lol:

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #8 amila4341

• 69 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 October 2016 - 12:25

This is typically the message that you get when you cannot receive properly a given TP (transponder).

If your provider use both V and H on the same frequency I guess the conter polarization of your LNB is really important and needs to be very good (the rotation of the LNB inside its support).

http://www.trackdish...l-rate-details/

But if you google with "VU+ problem with high symbol rate"  you will see that it is a well-known issue with VU+ product...

Exemple:

http://www.world-of-...hp/t-50769.html

So OpenPLi is not to blame, report the issue to VU+ and tell us if you get any answer from them, if so you should purchase a "Lotery ticket" because you will be in a very good day.   :lol:

Pr2

problem is only some transponders is not scanned .but some with high symbol rates is scanned and channels are stored. 

i did report it to vu+ several times. but they have not responded to any of the emails 

Edited by amila4341, 5 October 2016 - 12:26.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #9 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 5 October 2016 - 12:30

I did report it to vu+ several times. but they have not responded to any of the emails

They never do; even a 'thank you' is asked too much for their (not existing) customer care....

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #10 amila4341

• 69 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 October 2016 - 03:18

Is there any way to find out what is going wrong.vu+ don't seems to be giving answer.
any tools like dvb snoop?

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #11 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 6 October 2016 - 09:22

Tuner/driver issue for those high value symbol rate, I don't think that you can debug this by yourself.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #12 amila4341

• 69 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 October 2016 - 02:25

So you mean we have no way out of this problem. It's very sad that vu + doing nothing about it. Could anyone help me to contact vu with regard to this issue.
Thank you.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 October 2016 - 14:18

It can even be a hardware issue.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #14 amila4341

• 69 posts

Neutral

Posted 8 October 2016 - 02:34

It can even be a hardware issue.

You may be correct. I think that is why vu + is not responding.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #15 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 8 October 2016 - 05:26

No. VU never responds to any question/remark/bug-report.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #16 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,231 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2016 - 07:35

@Amila4341, looks like you missed the most important comment in this thread. Your LNB skew is wrong. Everything else is just noise. Vu+ boxes have no problem whatsoever scanning these symbol rates.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #17 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 9 October 2016 - 09:29

I can't confirm that, I can only receive transponders with up to 30 Ms/s (from this location). Otherwise suggestions welcome ;)

Edited by Erik Slagter, 9 October 2016 - 09:29.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #18 dax

• 228 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 October 2016 - 10:48

I can't confirm that, I can only receive transponders with up to 30 Ms/s (from this location). Otherwise suggestions welcome ;)

Me too. I'm in Europe, if somebody tell to me where find a sat with high symbol rate i can test also. First with a field strenght signal meter and after with a solo2.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #19 amila4341

• 69 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 October 2016 - 12:51

@Amila4341, looks like you missed the most important comment in this thread. Your LNB skew is wrong. Everything else is just noise. Vu+ boxes have no problem whatsoever scanning these symbol rates.

How could it be lnb skew.its not only me facing this issue most of vu + duo2 holders who tried to get st 2 is facing same issue . could you explain please.

Edited by amila4341, 9 October 2016 - 12:54.

Re: signals are strong but unable to scan any of the services #20 amila4341

• 69 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 November 2016 - 16:02

Does "vu + development team" stopped driver development for vu + duo2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users