Looking for an extracted pli image

• Please log in to reply
Er zijn 5 reacties in dit onderwerp

#1 frullewulle

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 12 december 2007 - 09:28

Hi,

Can someone point me to or send send me a extracted pli image ? (as a zipped filestructure)
I would like to use it for testing purpose on my triple dragon. (I will try to get enigma working on it)
I can't extract the image myself because i don't have a dreambox, and I don't know a way to do it on my linux pc...
I was thinking about the dm 7000 image or the 7020 image... (allmost same hardware structure)

Best regards

Re: Looking for an extracted pli image #2 hemertje

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 33474 berichten

+118
Excellent

Geplaatst op 12 december 2007 - 09:41

we don't support any other satellite receivers then the Dreambox
so you won't find any extracted PLi software here...

Re: Looking for an extracted pli image #3 frullewulle

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 12 december 2007 - 09:46

we don't support any other satellite receivers then the Dreambox
so you won't find any extracted PLi software here...

I expected this answer but maybe i can get a link to tools for extracting them on my pc...

Re: Looking for an extracted pli image #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68796 berichten

+1743
Excellent

Geplaatst op 12 december 2007 - 09:53

As far as I know these tools do not exist.

The problem (or challenge, depending on your point of view), is that the Dreambox CPU uses big endian, so you need to unpack it on the dreambox (or on a CPU with a similar architecture).

We have bad experiences with people trying to port a PLi image to another platform. When things go wrong, people don't go to the guy who converted it, but will say that "PLi's is a bad image". So if you intend to do this, you are not allowed to call the image a PLi image, instead make sure you are responsible for this image, inform people how to contact you for support, and don't forget to indicate that "it is BASED on a PLi image"!

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Looking for an extracted pli image #5 frullewulle

• 16 berichten

Neutral

Geplaatst op 12 december 2007 - 10:06

As far as I know these tools do not exist.

The problem (or challenge, depending on your point of view), is that the Dreambox CPU uses big endian, so you need to unpack it on the dreambox (or on a CPU with a similar architecture).

We have bad experiences with people trying to port a PLi image to another platform. When things go wrong, people don't go to the guy who converted it, but will say that "PLi's is a bad image". So if you intend to do this, you are not allowed to call the image a PLi image, instead make sure you are responsible for this image, inform people how to contact you for support, and don't forget to indicate that "it is BASED on a PLi image"!

Ok thanks for the answer.
I do not intend to make it plubic available. I would only use it for my own stb.
I guess i have to use the undreamboxfs tools on my triple dragon which has the same cpu on board.
Thanks for the tips!

Re: Looking for an extracted pli image #6 dAF2000

• PLi® Ex-Leden
  • 14151 berichten

+52
Good

Geplaatst op 12 december 2007 - 10:38

I guess i have to use the undreamboxfs tools on my triple dragon which has the same cpu on board.

That should work, I think. Note there are different versions of undreamboxfs. The "old" version doesn't work.

1 gebruiker(s) lezen dit onderwerp

0 leden, 1 bezoekers, 0 anonieme gebruikers