←  [EN] Third-Party Development

Forums

»

Looking for an extracted pli image

frullewulle's Photo frullewulle 12 Dec 2007

Hi,

Can someone point me to or send send me a extracted pli image ? (as a zipped filestructure)
I would like to use it for testing purpose on my triple dragon. (I will try to get enigma working on it)
I can't extract the image myself because i don't have a dreambox, and I don't know a way to do it on my linux pc...
I was thinking about the dm 7000 image or the 7020 image... (allmost same hardware structure)

Best regards

hemertje's Photo hemertje 12 Dec 2007

we don't support any other satellite receivers then the Dreambox
so you won't find any extracted PLi software here...

we don't support any other satellite receivers then the Dreambox
so you won't find any extracted PLi software here...

I expected this answer but maybe i can get a link to tools for extracting them on my pc...

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 12 Dec 2007

As far as I know these tools do not exist.

The problem (or challenge, depending on your point of view), is that the Dreambox CPU uses big endian, so you need to unpack it on the dreambox (or on a CPU with a similar architecture).

We have bad experiences with people trying to port a PLi image to another platform. When things go wrong, people don't go to the guy who converted it, but will say that "PLi's is a bad image". So if you intend to do this, you are not allowed to call the image a PLi image, instead make sure you are responsible for this image, inform people how to contact you for support, and don't forget to indicate that "it is BASED on a PLi image"!

As far as I know these tools do not exist.

The problem (or challenge, depending on your point of view), is that the Dreambox CPU uses big endian, so you need to unpack it on the dreambox (or on a CPU with a similar architecture).

We have bad experiences with people trying to port a PLi image to another platform. When things go wrong, people don't go to the guy who converted it, but will say that "PLi's is a bad image". So if you intend to do this, you are not allowed to call the image a PLi image, instead make sure you are responsible for this image, inform people how to contact you for support, and don't forget to indicate that "it is BASED on a PLi image"!

Ok thanks for the answer.
I do not intend to make it plubic available. I would only use it for my own stb.
I guess i have to use the undreamboxfs tools on my triple dragon which has the same cpu on board.
Thanks for the tips!

dAF2000's Photo dAF2000 12 Dec 2007

I guess i have to use the undreamboxfs tools on my triple dragon which has the same cpu on board.

That should work, I think. Note there are different versions of undreamboxfs. The "old" version doesn't work.