←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Edision OS Mini Plus

Search40's Photo Search40 14 Feb 2017

Just updated my box, now nothing black screen, press the remote control nothing, any advise at all???

Frenske's Photo Frenske 14 Feb 2017

I guess you initially installed the image some time ago. In that case it's adviced to flash your box again. This is due to major updates on our buildserver which were necessary to continue the build of all images.

Search40's Photo Search40 14 Feb 2017

No it is not long time ago, there is problem with this update, oh eh, i had backup of my image, i put the USB with the image in, and the box is working, otherwise not, please fix this, and yesterday with the update to change the softcam, blue softcam has gone, yes update but test them well!!!

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 14 Feb 2017

The softcam is a work-in-progress, MiLo is busy with that. As a workaround, you can access that also via menu/system/softcam & CI.

athoik's Photo athoik 14 Feb 2017

Its the hdmi preemphasis (after some changes yesterday), you need yes in order to work! (A/V settings)

@Athoik,

Are you aware the box has problems reading Irdeto cards? I've tried both Dutch cable providers I have access to, and for both no softcam was able to get the card working. I've seen this reported on other forums as well.

Driver issue perhaps?

athoik's Photo athoik 14 Feb 2017

Hi,

Its the first time i hear it.

Can you provide some details (in pm) in order to forward to manufacturer?

What kind of details do you want?

For both cards (both for a cable provider), the card gives an incorrect ATR, after which the softcam gives up.

Search40's Photo Search40 15 Feb 2017

Its the hdmi preemphasis (after some changes yesterday), you need yes in order to work! (A/V settings)

Yep this was the solution, thanks!!

Search40's Photo Search40 30 Mar 2017

Hi again, just bought other Edision os mini plus, but has been flashed with openatv image, and on boot it show the openatv logo, how can i remove that?, thanks.

Frenske's Photo Frenske 30 Mar 2017

Search for splashscreen.
Another solution is to flash an original image and then an Openpli image again.

Search for splashscreen.
Another solution is to flash an original image and then an Openpli image again.

Could you please help me further, i  could not find any original image or splash for above box, i have one but is for os mini, will that work, please advise, as i do not like to brick the box, thanks.

Give me the Openpli splash screen for edision os mini plus, and i know how to do that, just need the file, thanks.

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 31 Mar 2017

We don't have or use manufacturer splash screens. And we find it very irritating that other images overwrite it, so you as a user has a problem when you switch to OpenPLi.

Search40's Photo Search40 31 Mar 2017

I sorted out, to help other people with this problem, do like this, add file below in to the osminiplus directory you are going to flash the box, flash the box normally with OpenPli or any other Image, this was saying Edision os mini, but works fine on plus is well, tested by me, and you have nice Edision Boot logo.

Attached Files

Search40's Photo Search40 2 Apr 2017

Other problem with OpenPli Image,  after the reboot Adult Channels on Terrestrial are no longer protected, I HAVE DONE THE JOB AND PROTECTED WITH PARENTAL CONTROL THEM, WHEN I SCANNED ON TERRESTRIAL,so you have to add them to parental control all the time, very annoying problem, it has been like this for long time, some times with updates, the problem is fixed, but is coming back again, it is like on-off all the time, at the moment it is Reboot = Off , please fix this problem, ones for all, as we have kids, Thanks.

Dimitrij's Photo Dimitrij 3 Apr 2017

How to set parental control?

Edited by Dimitrij, 3 April 2017 - 05:44.

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 3 Apr 2017

How do you reboot?

Search40's Photo Search40 4 Apr 2017

Switch the box on-off from the back or menu-standby/restart-restart, the problem was the same, just tested now parental control after reboot is OK, the latest update i did this morning maybe fixed the problem, let's hope that it will be OK from now on, Thanks OpenPli.

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 4 Apr 2017

NEVER switch the box off, it is equivalent to switching a PC off without a proper shutdown, you will lose data. Your box is not a fridge, it is a computer, which needs a proper shutdown!