←  [EN] Enduser support

Forums

»

Tuner occupied

Domi76's Photo Domi76 18 May 2017

Lately I face "tuner occupied" without any reason. Sometimes when I switch on the box, sometimes when I switch channels, etc.

I have to restart the box to have It "fixed".
Any Idea how to fix it or where the problem comes from ?

Device : Vu+Duo2
Thanks a lot for the support.

mimisiku's Photo mimisiku 19 May 2017

Most likely your box is now a host for illegal IPTV server.
You may have opened your box to allow outside access.
Disconnect LAN from your box and reboot. Is problem now solved?

Pr2's Photo Pr2 19 May 2017

Simply go into Menu - Informations and there you can check the connected clients on your stream server. 

Domi76's Photo Domi76 19 May 2017

@Mimisiku,

Effectively my box is opened to allow outside access. I need it to transcode my channels when I'm away.

I disconnected the LAN, reboot and reconnected the box. Let's see if it happens again.

@Pr2,

Thank you for the good remark. I will check the informations file if it happens again and eventually get back to the topic with detail.

Thanks both of you for the support.

This afternoon I got, once again, "no tuner available" (all the channels in Grey).

I did what Pr2 said, and noticed the following :

S 186.ip-164-132-XX.eu HRT TV1 .....written in the connected Clients Information.

Does it mean that someone using that IP adress (apparently in Venezuela) is watching the channel HRT TV1 in my box ???

If yes, how can fix the Problem ? Do I have to Change the Password of my STB again ?

Thanks for the Support.

Best regards.

Thanks Erik Slager,

I understand from your post that I must use a VPN (which fortunately I have in my router).

What Do I have to remove from the actual router config to be able to stream my channels through the VPN with no risk to expose my box ? Keep the Streaming ports (8001/8002) and remove openwebif port is that correct ?

betacentauri's Photo betacentauri 19 May 2017

Flash your box AND don't forward connections to your box in your router.

ok but If do not Forward Connections from the router to the box (8001/8002) how can I get my channels transcoded (using a vpn) on my mobile phone when I'm away ?

WanWizard's Photo WanWizard 19 May 2017

Use a VPN client on your mobile phone, and connect to your router.

betacentauri's Photo betacentauri 20 May 2017

You don't need any port forwarding if you use VPN connection. Just open vpn connection on your mobile phone and connect to your box with local IP address.

Erik Slagter's Photo Erik Slagter 20 May 2017

All of which the TS could have known if he had read the links presented by the google search.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 20 May 2017 - 09:42.

betacentauri's Photo betacentauri 20 May 2017

Better to repeat it once again ;)

Erik Slagter's Photo Erik Slagter 20 May 2017

Something for the Wiki, so we can refer in the feature?