• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 14:09

Dear all,

In the 3rd party feed there is the plugin OscamStatus (0.62-r1) which has the following license:

#===============================================================================
# OscamStatus Plugin by puhvogel 2011-2012
#
# This is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under
# the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free
# Software Foundation; either version 2, or (at your option) any later
# version.
#===============================================================================

Wouldn't it be an idea to have this plugin moved to e2openplugins so it can be maintained (as OpenPLi advices the use of Oscam I moved from CCcam to Oscam today)? Unfortunately I don't have the know how to do this myself, but there are a lot of technical advanced people here. If somebody would be willing to move it there, and with programming skills is willing to do it, I would love to see the option to view the entitlements in this plugin (that is the only thing I miss in comparison to the CCcam info plugin)..

Edited by Dream1975, 16 July 2017 - 14:10.

Mutant HD2400, OpenPLi nightly, 2x DVB-C & 2x DVB-S

Mutant HD51, OpenPLi nightly, 1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-S

Wavefrontier T55 (Astra 1,2,3 en HB)

Smartcards Ziggo (Irdeto) and CDS (Seca) on Oscam

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2017 - 14:10

It would be handy to have the log full screen as well.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #3 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 14:13

It would be handy to have the log full screen as well.

Indeed. The plugin is handy, but there is room for improvement. And as it seems puhvogel stopped with developing it would be nice if it can be picked up where he left off (in the true spirit of open source).

Edited by Dream1975, 16 July 2017 - 14:14.

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2017 - 14:15

Agreed. Question is, who's going to do it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #5 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 16 July 2017 - 14:22

I would love to if I knew how, unfortunately I don't (my technical skills stop at configuring the software others have made).

I understand the team is very busy with the new releases, so I hope someone on this forum with the right skills can (and wants to) pick it up.

Edited by Dream1975, 16 July 2017 - 14:24.

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2017 - 14:23

Most of the E2OpenPlugins are maintained by third parties, so anyone with Python skills can step up, we'll make a repo for them if and when required.

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #7 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 26 July 2017 - 06:51

I think the plugin is already on github https://github.com/o...tatus/plugin.py

Not sure though if it's the latest version.

Ps. I reflashed yesterday and the settings of this plugin weren't in autorestore (no biggy and I can add it manually, but thought I'd mention it because it might be handy in the general backup files)

Edited by Dream1975, 26 July 2017 - 06:54.

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:00

It's a pity oscam has not some json interface to read the stuff and that the plugin needs to parse oscams web interface ... which makes these kind of plugins too complicated...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #9 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:01

The config is stored in a strange place also, the plugin directory itself (usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\Extensions\OscamStatus\OscamStatus.cfg).

So in the future the following things might be adjusted:

1. Show the log full screen

2. Add entitlement date and written ECM's (I now only see EMM's in the reader status) => both are available in the webinterface

3. Change config to more appropriate location somwhere in etc (and add it to autobackup)

@Littlesat Indeed, although this plugin does the trick and already works for 5 years (unfortunately without the above improvements)

Edited by Dream1975, 26 July 2017 - 07:04.

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:58

To make thinks nice in such plugins... you probably need at least trying to make changes to Oscam to make it here more convenient....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #11 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 26 July 2017 - 19:59

Most of the E2OpenPlugins are maintained by third parties, so anyone with Python skills can step up, we'll make a repo for them if and when required.

Wouldn't it be an idea to make the repo on E2openplugins already with the latest version (instead of the OpenPLi-arm github)?  If I understand correctly the E2openplugins is also used by other images, so if it is there everything is ready for (future) development (and maybe improvements would then be made by other image builders also, who are not in the middle of a new release and might have more time for it). I think the userbase of the plugin will at least be a lot bigger so development could go further from where Puhvogel has stopped in 2012.

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2017 - 22:09

That is exactly what E2OpenPlugins is for, a central plugin repository. Anyone with a plugin can get a repo and write rights to it. That will btw not mean it will automatically be added to OpenPLi, we will do a QA check before we do that.

I have updated the organisation description, and added an email address so it is easier to request a repo: https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #13 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 26 July 2017 - 22:14

I have no problem trying to make the repo, could you give me some pointers and a quick howto. If this could also contain the way I can add the code from the current plugin 0.62-r1 in it that would be perfect. I'll try it then and ask you for review (and maybe adding then this version to the openPLi feed). It then has no extra functionality or improvements, but everything is good to go for everybody to do this (in the future).

Edited by Dream1975, 26 July 2017 - 22:14.

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #14 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2017 - 22:16

What exactly do you want me to do?

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #15 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 26 July 2017 - 22:20

I would like to publish the current plugin in E2openplugins (so it is there for everybody to use in their images and hopefully gets further development because of that like the mentioned improvements). But have never done this so have to look into it. So I expect nothing (I know how busy you are), but if you have some small tips that saves me a lot off googling that would be great.

It has no hurry, but I'll have to start the learning curve to contribute more somewhere :)

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #16 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2017 - 22:37

If you've never done it. the first step is to create a github account. ;)

Once you've done that, you need to know a bit about git (so you need to read up), and you need a toolset, which depends on what OS you use, and whether you prefer a GUI or a commandline. We can make suggestions if needed. And then I would say create a test reposotory under your own account, and start playing with it, testing git commands while you read.

Once you've got that, the next step is learn some Python, and (try to) find your way into the spaghetti that is called Enigma2, and they way plugins work.

Next step is to setup something you can develop with. I have a dedicated box (a cheap zgemma) for that, and I have that box mount the disk of my NAS. Then I have symlinked /usr/share/enigma2 and /usr/lib/enigma2 to directories on that mount (I have a script that stops Enigma, does this, and then restarts Enigma). This way I can develop on my laptop, which the GUI tools I have, without having to fiddle with git and vi or nano on the box itself. A challenge is that after every change, you need to restart Enigma because Python caches code. There are some ways to work around that, I've seen them somewhere, but I can't find them anymore (would like to use them as well).

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #17 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:05

Thanks for the starting tips. Will get deeper into it after the holiday and hope to become usefull in helping (on a small level)

Edited by Dream1975, 27 July 2017 - 10:07.

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #18 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2017 - 17:01

It's a pity oscam has not some json interface to read the stuff and that the plugin needs to parse oscams web interface ... which makes these kind of plugins too complicated...

OScam has json support but this is not properly maintained so many new features and options are missing.

http://www.streamboa.../webif/api.json

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #19 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 9,964 posts

+334
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2017 - 21:17

There are some ways to work around that, I've seen them somewhere, but I can't find them anymore (would like to use them as well).

python reload module

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: OscamStatus plugin to e2openplugins and add functionality #20 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2017 - 21:40

I assume Enigma runs on it's own Python instance, so you can't do that using the commandline, you have to build that into the plugin loader?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users