20 replies to this topic

#1 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 August 2017 - 16:50

Hi all ,

I have a stupid question :-)

Is it possible on the guide page ,when you see a must watch show/movie , to set up a notification on screen when a show/movie selected starts , so you can just press a button to watch the selected movie/show ?

i just see choose channel / set a timer  and only change the channels when it starts but it should show a notifications like when it records

Thanks a lot for your helkp , and long live to openpli :-)

Edited by blunt, 12 August 2017 - 16:54.

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #2 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,380 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 12 August 2017 - 17:05

A part of your question might be possible in the auto timer.
The need of such a possibility might be not that urgent so I wouldn't count on it that this will be implemented in this R/C.
But if one of the developers likes the idea, he might fix this within a short time. I will ask Littlesat whether he feels to introduce this feature. As he's enjoying his holiday an answer could take a while.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 12 August 2017 - 17:17

You can use a zap timer as a workaround, the notification is then that the box zaps to the channel you find interesting. ;)

Adding a notification timer shouldn't be too complicated, but for 6.1+ please.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #4 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 August 2017 - 18:29

yes I have tested it , but it zap automaticly  , a notifications window will be great as so you can feel free to zap or stay on the current channel because it goes like 5 min before the show starts :P

@WanWizard "Adding a notification timer shouldn't be too complicated, but for 6.1+ please"

indeed but I am still on openpli4 :P

Edited by blunt, 12 August 2017 - 18:33.

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 12 August 2017 - 19:14

Nothing functional will happen anymore on 4, it is already frozen, and will be end of life soon.

You can configure when it goes, it is a timer setting. The 5 minutes is just default.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #6 mrvica

• 1,218 posts

+80
Good

Posted 12 August 2017 - 19:31

Werbezapper has much more options, with monitoring function, you can put a rewinding clock on the screen that reminds you that channel will be soon switching back...

https://forums.openp...ezapper-fragen/

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #7 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 13 August 2017 - 00:20

Nothing functional will happen anymore on 4, it is already frozen, and will be end of life soon.

You can configure when it goes, it is a timer setting. The 5 minutes is just default.

Ok i will upgrade

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 13 August 2017 - 07:57

To do this right a lot has to be changed.... E.g. Autotimer must not check epg at specific times but when the epg is coming in... And we need beside zap, record, record & zap, pip timer a notification timer... At least it should start by adding an event notification timer... (Or notification and record?). Or add beside the pip a notification option and add when you do not want to zap or record a do nothing type...

In short... Just add another f... timertype...

Edited by littlesat, 13 August 2017 - 08:01.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #9 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 August 2017 - 16:19

Werbezapper has much more options, with monitoring function, you can put a rewinding clock on the screen that reminds you that channel will be soon switching back...

https://forums.openp...ezapper-fragen/

does not work on open pli 6 RC for me

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #10 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 August 2017 - 16:20

To do this right a lot has to be changed.... E.g. Autotimer must not check epg at specific times but when the epg is coming in... And we need beside zap, record, record & zap, pip timer a notification timer... At least it should start by adding an event notification timer... (Or notification and record?). Or add beside the pip a notification option and add when you do not want to zap or record a do nothing type...

In short... Just add another f... timertype...

omg no thanks , i really need just a popup

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2017 - 16:23

I think the question only was that you want to be able to say "notify me when this programme starts" from the EPG? And nothing more elaborate?

So I think the discussion is going in completely the wrong way, all you want is like a zap timer, but instead of zap, you want "notify me with a popup". Correct?

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #12 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2017 - 16:26

That is the same as I understood... And that means the timer needs a notification feature... Beside record and zap... And because you only need a notification..., the you need also add a nozap and norecording (=do nothing) feature (here I'm already a bit in implementation phase)..

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2017 - 16:27

Just wanted to say it has nothing to do with autotimer, nor with scanning EPG updates.

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #14 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2017 - 16:33

Yep,you're right. But autotimer is a must to have this feature as that is the plugin that needs also to be adapted to find the events and set the notification timers.

But then still isn't it a more simple option by just planning a recording and show a notification when a recording starts as this is the only guarantee you do not miss the event... And when you miss the notification, you have the recoding. I'm 100% sure this will be an much easier patch than adding a notification type to a timer...

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2017 - 16:40

That is my point, there is no need to find events.

The user has already found the event in the EPG her/himself. All that is needed it to be able to press green, select "notify" instead of "zap" or "record", and press green again. 

You're including all kind of features that I haven't seen anyone ask about?

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #16 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,608 posts

+211
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2017 - 16:53

if he has 'pip' recorder, this solving pipzap timer...

Edited by ims, 14 August 2017 - 16:53.

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #17 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 August 2017 - 20:58

I think the question only was that you want to be able to say "notify me when this programme starts" from the EPG? And nothing more elaborate?

So I think the discussion is going in completely the wrong way, all you want is like a zap timer, but instead of zap, you want "notify me with a popup". Correct?

yes , when a record is starting you got a pop-up that say " starting recording blah blah" because you set up a timer for that record.

i would take the same but instead of recording and the " starting to record" message ,  it would say " this program/show/movie will start in 5 min " , and press ok to zapp to the channel where my program/show will start

Edited by blunt, 14 August 2017 - 21:00.

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2017 - 23:37

Thought so. Should not be too difficult I think.

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #19 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:28

That is more complicated then you think in the first place.... Start reading recordtimer.py...
The most easy way is to add a choise to the timer that enables a feature for the notification. Then in addition we need a do nothing timer type.. (For when you do not want to record and/or zap automatically)

Edited by littlesat, 15 August 2017 - 07:31.

Re: Notifications for upcoming show/movie #20 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 August 2017 - 08:48

I think the concept from the TS is flawed. The TS assumes that EPG is always updated with the last known / current status of the next program(s). And it's not, it's no VPS/PDC. So a mechanism like described will remind you at the original airing time of the next program, you zap there and you'll find that the program will only start after the commercials or the program has already started.

I think the only reliable approach to this question is to use PiP.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users