Photo

New Dreamboxes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jojoz

• 25 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 September 2017 - 22:54

Hello! Isn't it time for OpenPli team to rethink the decision to stop supporting Dreamboxes? I am a owner of Dreambox dm525 and i like the simplicity of pli image.

I know that there are other images but pli makes you feel free. It's like Arch linux that i'm using on my pc vs other linux distros.

Don't abandon us just as punishment for Dreambox Multimedia, we need your help!

Thanks!

Re: New Dreamboxes #2 Demetris

• 94 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 September 2017 - 23:03

Dude face it, without manufacturer help these guys cant help you as much as they want, is Dream Multimedia that is the cause of your issues and no one is punishing you other than the oem of your device.

Go cry elsewhere and next time make a better market research before buying.

Re: New Dreamboxes #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,543 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 4 September 2017 - 23:11

jojoz,

I don't know where you get the idea from that we are out to "punish" DMM. We stopped the support because they went closed source, we don't have any developer contact with them anymore, and we don't have the time and energy to reverse engineer their software.

Turn it around: they have left the Enigma2 scene, and you knew that there would not be an OpenPLi image for the DM525 and other new boxes. And you still bought one?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: New Dreamboxes #4 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2017 - 10:32

Perhaps he decided to buy the DM525 simply because of the normal prices of the new Dreamboxes? Perhaps he likes the design above other brands? After all, taste is personal..
Having said this, the box works fine (for the money). If he has bought the Combo version he has a basic (but very nifty) twin tuner. One for satellite and one for cable ór terrestrial as a backup. At 750Mhz and the new Broadcomm SoC it performs pretty well

And even with the DreamOS 2.5 you can do everything that OpenPli offers. The GUI is a bit plain but after a week you won't bother anymore.

So why the request for OpenPli?

- softcam installation issues?
- recording issues?
- plugin issues?

All are easily solved. I have a library of recovery images based on DreamOS 2.5

1. DreamOS 2.5 with OScam softcam
2. DreamOS 2.5 with OScam softcam, Smargo support
3. DreamOS 2.5 with OScam softcam, Smargo support, CI+ support
4. DreamOS 2.5 with OScam softcam, Smargo support, CI+ support, recording enabled, Picons (Dutch)
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: New Dreamboxes #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,543 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2017 - 10:35

All fine by me. That is totally besides the point though.

If you want an OpenPLi image, buy a supported box. If you want a Dreambox, buy a Dreambox and use an available image. Whatever is more important for you.

But don't buy a box, then complain there is no OpenPLi image for it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: New Dreamboxes #6 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 7 September 2017 - 12:00

@WanWizard
Completely true :)
It's up to the customer to do 'due diligence' and inform about the possibilities and impossibilities. Buying a DM525 in this case is solely a matter of the buyer..
Suspension of DMM support has been advertised a loooooooooooong time ago. So there is no argument 'I didn't know'
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: New Dreamboxes #7 mrvica

• 1,224 posts

+81
Good

Posted 7 September 2017 - 13:52

it is stated a few times eralier, you can build your own, but without any support
https://github.com/DMM-PLi/meta-dream

Re: New Dreamboxes #8 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 11 September 2017 - 20:27

I am actually one of those that for almost ten years have bought only original dreamboxes. When DM stopped working with OpenPli and it was time for me to switch my three boxes I went with Vu+ because OpenPli was supporting that brand.

Boy I really don't miss DM anymore because I think that VU+ boxes are so much better. I have actually gotten my Ultimo 4K the other day and quickly installed a fresh 6.0 OpenPli image.

Now I have a fantastic image with a great looking box. Happy camper here. And actually I am really glad that DM is not supported by OpenPli since I have gotten to know VU+ and what a great quality boxes they make at a very, very good price.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users